Page 32 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Trey Lance's Season the Greatest in Program History?

Default Re: Is Trey Lance's Season the Greatest in Program History?

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    I dont think this is a good idea. Bill's QB , Josh Allen had a similar buzz and interests from the league during his Jr year. He spoke with Carson and Carson advised him to stay in college for his Sr year and it turned out okay. So Trey should follow that model. Stay in college for another 3 years, and then enter the league after graduation.
    I totally disagree with this. If Lance has a year similar to last year and is looking like he's gonna be a 1st round pick, he should definitely leave early. Why risk injury? He would have nothing left to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    How many QBs have entered the draft after their sophomore year? I mean, Trevor Lawrence isn't entering the draft until after his junior year.

It'd be awesome if Trey had a season that would justify giving it a shot though but 2021 has Lawrence and Fields.
    I believe Lance has a serious chance of passing fields as QB2 in the 2021 draft.

Quote Originally Posted by SkolMitzel View Post
    I believe Lance has a serious chance of passing fields as QB2 in the 2021 draft.
    I'd say he has an even better chance of replacing Fields as OSU QB.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Kevin gets it.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Kevin gets it.

The "Trey Lance has entered the transfer portal" thread is going to be a real shitshow.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

I was one who posted a few times that there was no way Trey would leave before he graduated. Now I'm starting to think there is at least some possibility especially after seeing how sought after a top level FCS player can be from top level FBS schools.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I was one who posted a few times that there was no way Trey would leave before he graduated. Now I'm starting to think there is at least some possibility especially after seeing how sought after a top level FCS player can be from top level FBS schools.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    If Jabril crashes and burns at LSU it will probably temper how sought after FCS players are by the FBS.
    I expect Lance to stay until he graduates.
    Wasnt that the deal he signed up for?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    If Jabril crashes and burns at LSU it will probably temper how sought after FCS players are by the FBS.
    I expect Lance to stay until he graduates.
    Wasnt that the deal he signed up for?
    pay attention. the nfl draft nerds are ALL OVER TREY ALREADY.
    Trey has been doing Q & A's on Instagram like every night cuz he's sitting in marshall bored (when he's not throwing to his WR brother"

the question's thrown at him seem to always revolve around how he can improve on last years numbers (spoiler, he says he has no idea--- modesty !)
    (nfl draft 2021 youre mentioned in the top 5 qbs already--he just replies "my dream is the NFL" )

if he has a year like last year or close, dude is going to NFL. No reason for a QB to "prove himself", whereas a Linebacker could use it to catapult up the draft board.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    pay attention. the nfl draft nerds are ALL OVER TREY ALREADY.
    Trey has been doing Q & A's on Instagram like every night cuz he's sitting in marshall bored (when he's not throwing to his WR brother"

the question's thrown at him seem to always revolve around how he can improve on last years numbers (spoiler, he says he has no idea--- modesty !)
    (nfl draft 2021 youre mentioned in the top 5 qbs already--he just replies "my dream is the NFL" )

if he has a year like last year or close, dude is going to NFL. No reason for a QB to "prove himself", whereas a Linebacker could use it to catapult up the draft board.
    Trey leaving for the NFL wouldn't bother me nearly as much as transferring to another school. It would sting not having him here for another 2 championship caliber seasons, but I would get over it. The possibility of having 2 NDSU players as starting QBs in the NFL at once could be the greatest single recruitment pitch in our history. Think about it. If you could go to the SEC, and get the crap pummeled out of you for 2 years by first round linebackers and nose tackles, vs coming to NDSU, developing under a great coach, and consistently having an outstanding OL, then going in the first round?

No brainer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Trey leaving for the NFL wouldn't bother me nearly as much as transferring to another school. It would sting not having him here for another 2 championship caliber seasons, but I would get over it. The possibility of having 2 NDSU players as starting QBs in the NFL at once could be the greatest single recruitment pitch in our history. Think about it. If you could go to the SEC, and get the crap pummeled out of you for 2 years by first round linebackers and nose tackles, vs coming to NDSU, developing under a great coach, and consistently having an outstanding OL, then going in the first round?

No brainer to me.
    Yup total agreement
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?