Page 13 of 89 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Trey Lance's Season the Greatest in Program History?

Default Re: Is Trey Lance's Season the Greatest in Program History?

Fumbled twice at the mesh point this year. Needs to work on that. Have to admit I got a little nervous with the play calling in the second half.
    But what can you say at this point except unbelievable. Great game

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Trey has to refine his passing game before he sets his sights on the NFL. Physicality is a different beast at that level. He has the vision, speed, and balance as a runner and he has a great pocket presence, but there is no way he is ready to read and react to NFL defenses as a passer. I am excited to see how he continues to progress though.

Bison4peat is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    He'll be gone after next year to NFL if he duplicates this and I wouldn't blame him (since he redshirted he can declare)
    He has the skill set. And in a QB starved NFL he has a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I would say there's a 0% chance of that happening.

The debate on reddit/twitter seems to be whether or not he transfers for his senior year to get a bigger spotlight. I'd assume Carson's success in the draft would enforce that it isn't necessary.
    Yeah I don’t think he’s going anywhere. He wouldn’t gain anything. Like you said, Carson was the number 2 overall pick and if the eagles would have got the number 1 pick he would have been number 1 overall. There’s no reason to transfer

Greatest season and Trey is great but some of the comments strike me as overboard.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Undefeated next year with zero picks and what's he got to come back for after that? Transfer? Yeah right transfer to the big leagues.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Greatest season and Trey is great but some of the comments strike me as overboard.
    Look, all we're saying is if the Bengals took him instead of that scrub Burrows that they'd most likely (definitely) win a super bowl or six.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I would say there's a 0% chance of that happening.

The debate on reddit/twitter seems to be whether or not he transfers for his senior year to get a bigger spotlight. I'd assume Carson's success in the draft would enforce that it isn't necessary.
    I'd be lying if I haven't been nervous about something like this happening in a couple years.

Can you imagine the intros on SNL...Trey Lance, Michigan.

But with Hedberg as his QB coach and the fact that the last two NDSU QBs have been drafted, I think he will stay until after his junior year and then declare.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Let's see: 0 ints, 29 TDs passing, 13 TDs rushing, won the Jerry Rice and the Walter Payton awards, 16-0, and, oh yeah, exactly 1100 yards rushing which hasn't happened at NDSU since Chris "Why isn't he in the College Football Hall of Fame" Simdorn.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Let's see: 0 ints, 29 TDs passing, 13 TDs rushing, won the Jerry Rice and the Walter Payton awards, 16-0, and, oh yeah, exactly 1100 yards rushing which hasn't happened at NDSU since Chris "Why isn't he in the College Football Hall of Fame" Simdorn.
    Not to mention win a chipper. Yeah, pretty good. He’ll be a fun one to watch for a few more years. Really glad he’s a Bison