Page 58 of 89 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Trey Lance's Season the Greatest in Program History?

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Is Trey Lance's Season the Greatest in Program History?

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I like the picture in that guy's office!
    Unfortunately it's a Colorado Buffalo, but I agree.

One thing that keeps coming up from the guys watching Trey's tape is that they keep saying how great some of NDSU's play designs are... nice job, OCs!

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    What OSU QB's have been busts? Haskins is the only OSU QB I can think of that was a first round pick. I don't think he'll be good, but too soon to write him off.
    The Big 10 has struggled to put good to great QBs in the NFL consistently for the past few decades (Dwayne Haskins was the first Big 10 QB get drafted in the first round since Penn State's Kerry Collins in 1995). In regards to which Ohio State QB was a bust, I would say pretty much all of them except for Haskins since we got to give him at least three years to see if he pans out (too bad him, he's stuck in Washington). Here's an article of all Ohio State QBs drafted in the NFL and how the did career-wise: https://www.cleveland.com/sports/g66...rterbacks.html
    Hail the BISON!!!

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    The Big 10 has struggled to put good to great QBs in the NFL consistently for the past few decades (Dwayne Haskins was the first Big 10 QB get drafted in the first round since Penn State's Kerry Collins in 1995). In regards to which Ohio State QB was a bust, I would say pretty much all of them except for Haskins since we got to give him at least three years to see if he pans out (too bad him, he's stuck in Washington). Here's an article of all Ohio State QBs drafted in the NFL and how the did career-wise: https://www.cleveland.com/sports/g66...rterbacks.html
    Good link.
    I guess if I'm a team and I love Fields I'm not passing on him because he played at OSU.

Imagine if the thought process on Wentz was you couldn't draft him because NDSU had never had a QB throw a completion in the NFL?

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Good link.
    I guess if I'm a team and I love Fields I'm not passing on him because he played at OSU.

Imagine if the thought process on Wentz was you couldn't draft him because NDSU had never had a QB throw a completion in the NFL?
    Pretty apples oranges comparison. NDSU has no history of guys playing at the highest college levels then being drafted. Ohio State does. Unlike NDSU they have a track record...I’d even call it a trend. I’m not sure if it’s the system they run (takes advantage of great athletisicm but without having to make the kinds of reads needed to make it in pro ball etc.) or what it is but I think it’s a trend and not coincidental. I’ll think buckeye QBs are a waste of a draft pick until one proves otherwise. I would take a chance on a small school guy before I would seemingly guaranteed waste a pick on Ohio State

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Pretty apples oranges comparison. NDSU has no history of guys playing at the highest college levels then being drafted. Ohio State does. Unlike NDSU they have a track record...I’d even call it a trend. I’m not sure if it’s the system they run (takes advantage of great athletisicm but without having to make the kinds of reads needed to make it in pro ball etc.) or what it is but I think it’s a trend and not coincidental. I’ll think buckeye QBs are a waste of a draft pick until one proves otherwise. I would take a chance on a small school guy before I would seemingly guaranteed waste a pick on Ohio State
    Couldn't we make the same narrative with the top 3 QBs in the 2020 draft? Who are the good QBs to come out of LSU, Alabama, and Oregon?
    Who was the last good QB from Notre Dame, Florida State, Florida, Miami?

Couldn't we make the same narrative with the top 3 QBs in the 2020 draft? Who are the good QBs to come out of LSU, Alabama, and Oregon?
    Who was the last good QB from Notre Dame, Florida State, Florida, Miami?
    I don’t know. Just seems like Ohio st guys put up huge numbers, are in the limelight as top QBs in college ball but won’t cut it in the pros. As amazing a CardaleJones was I knew he would suck at pro ball...Buckeye qb. Could it be coincidental? Maybe but I think it has to do with the system they run. I think shields will suck in the pros too

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don’t know. Just seems like Ohio st guys put up huge numbers, are in the limelight as top QBs in college ball but won’t cut it in the pros. As amazing a CardaleJones was I knew he would suck at pro ball...Buckeye qb. Could it be coincidental? Maybe but I think it has to do with the system they run. I think shields will suck in the pros too
    Isn’t it Fields, not Shields?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Isn’t it Fields, not Shields?
    Correct you are.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There's a long list of QBs who have put up flashy numbers in college and never made it in the pros. It's actually really really hard to be an NFL QB.