Page 23 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Trey Lance's Season the Greatest in Program History?

Default Re: Is Trey Lance's Season the Greatest in Program History?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    And if they don't?
    Unless he is an absolute lock for a high pick he would be foolish to come out.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Default Is Trey Lance's Season the Greatest in Program History?

And if they don't?
    I’m predicting that it will be a “Meh” showing because the Ducks won’t let him win/dominate the game. They will force us to beat them otherwise. If they don’t, then that’s just dumb on their part. If TL goes off despite Ducks focusing on him, then I’ll come back to you.

To beat the Ducks, we will have to be multi-dimensional. That will include TL, but it won’t be all on him. We have to be able to run the football with RBs. This is not JMU Natty game where they just couldn’t account/make up for him.

I’ll hang up and listen on that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

NFL Network draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah today on the Rich Eisen Show:

"Believe it or not, there's a QB at NDSU next year that's gonna probably come out. 28 TDs, no INTs. Unbelievable athlete. Teams love him....Trey Lance, get to know that name!"

So where is that quote in this video?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    So where is that quote in this video?
    About 10 minutes in.

1 in 1000 seems low, but there are a lot of moving parts even over and above another full year of football. CBA is going to be up, prospects of strike/ lockout on the horizon. Do you want to leave early and then there be no football? If you wait, how does rookie compensation change in the next agreement? Etc.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It is kind of insane that they are speaking about Trey on his show. It is and isn’t unbelievable but the kid does have IT. I still don’t see him coming out after next season.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    The guy who wrote that was ranting about the new proposed transfer rules on AGS as well as he doesn't get it. He's convinced that top tier FBS programs are going to raid FCS schools which there's two problems with that:
    1) They can't recruit any player enrolled at another school unless that players is in the transfer portal.
    2) They still have the same scholarship limits so if they're "raiding" FCS players that means that FCS teams are going to start getting better recruits or they're going to get FBS transfers of their own that are getting scholarships pulled at these schools.

I compare it to the rules about athletes benefitting from their likeness and the doomsayers convinced that it would ruin college sports. NDSU will still be fine. If Trey Lance decides that it's better for him to play elsewhere and transfer to Minnesota I'll be pissed I'm sure but it's his life and I don't have any business telling him what's best for him. I think college athletes in the revenue sports should have more freedom when it comes to their ability to transfer.

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

The title of the article just makes me mad. Obviously the hatred towards NDSU is coming out and the small time FCS schools would love to see the best NDSU players recruited away later in their careers by FBS teams so it can do the most damage. Any rule like this would be wrong. Hope the NCAA is smarter than that, but then history says different.