Page 42 of 89 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Trey Lance's Season the Greatest in Program History?

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Is Trey Lance's Season the Greatest in Program History?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    it would be a SIN if Roehl/NDSU runs Trey on all of those QB draws that we do... like 4-5 a game.
    Wrong. That play takes advantage of the defensive weakness, mainly a LB that is not in that area and does not have spy responsibility. It will take a spy to beat Trey's running and then passing plays open up outside or over the top. He is such a threat BECAUSE of his running potential. You cannot take that away, particularly up the middle.

What I would absolutely hate to see is a bunch of outside running plays out of him. He needs to be between the tackles.
    Insert something clever here...

we run it WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much.
    Plus, my point is, Dont get this guy hurt for f*&*ks sake!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    There really shouldn't be any reason to rush him as much as we did last year. He's got great weapons with Sproles, Watkins, our TE's and RB's. Let him sling it more this year and run if necessary and cut back on the designed runs.
    One reason is that it wins games.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

AGREED !

IMO, NDSU ran Trey too much last year, especially in the Natty. I know he had options and made the decision to run for a lot of those. Nevertheless . . .

Totally agree with you ... how is everyone going to feel if gets hurt b/c of running the ball, especially if the coaches run him so often the other team isn't surprised anymore, so can set up for a good smackdown.

plus if you do it 1 or 2 times a game, it might actually be a surprise.. Down at SDSU and UNI the coaches on other sideline are screaming when it's coming

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    One reason is that it wins games.
    So just keep doing what you did last year.
    It's OK to not be OK.

It seems like running our athletic QBs more late in the season is a very sensible thing that this program has been doing for some time now.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    AGREED !

IMO, NDSU ran Trey too much last year, especially in the Natty. I know he had options and made the decision to run for a lot of those. Nevertheless . . .

Totally agree with you ... how is everyone going to feel if gets hurt b/c of running the ball, especially if the coaches run him so often the other team isn't surprised anymore, so can set up for a good smackdown.
    we should just bench him. he might get hurt.

actually we shouldn't dress him.

definitely no contact practice.

maybe sidelines at practice.

maybe he should stay in crib with a binky so nothing bad ever happens.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

I agree with Senor El. We need to design plays in a way that takes advantage of our QBs strength. In this case Trey's accuracy and ability to sling 50-60 yard passes, instead of running him every down. We dont want to go back to Tim Polasek days. Dang I miss Coach Messingham.

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    I agree with Senor El. We need to design plays in a way that takes advantage of our QBs strength. In this case Trey's accuracy and ability to sling 50-60 yard passes, instead of running him every down. We dont want to go back to Tim Polasek days. Dang I miss Coach Messingham.
    No crap, we have a ferrari here, lets quit driving him like he's a chrysler lebaron