Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 LastLast

Thread: Things JMU fans Say

Default Re: Things JMU fans Say

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I've been rewatching the series on Netflix for the past year. As a kid it was one of my favorite shows to watch "if" we could get our antenna to tune in to NBC (PBS and ABC were basically the only channels we could get to work consistently until FOX showed up years later) on Wednesday nights. I don't know how good of a person Michael Landon was in real life, but the examples he set on this show along with Little House on the Prairie were pretty good and still work today. It's too bad both him and Victor French would be soon gone after the show ended. Cancer does not discriminate.
    I prefer Bonanza. Hoss and little Joe........damn I'm getting old.

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Ponderosa II, Lorne Greene's replica of the Ponderosa in Mesa, sold last year. He and his wife lived in it for several years. It isn't far from the Mesa/Gateway Airport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYb2QAcokYY

This and this.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

In another lifetime I actually got Landon's autograph. I saw him at an airport and grabbed a napkin for him to write on and he seemed more than willing to take the time. When I left for the Army in 1967 my stepmother threw it out with the rest of my stuff. She was a real bitch. That has nothing to do with Landon but I feel better for getting it out.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    In another lifetime I actually got Landon's autograph. I saw him at an airport and grabbed a napkin for him to write on and he seemed more than willing to take the time. When I left for the Army in 1967 my stepmother threw it out with the rest of my stuff. She was a real bitch. That has nothing to do with Landon but I feel better for getting it out.
    Awesome story, except for the part of losing his autograph. Glad to hear that he appeared to be a genuine good person based on your experience.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Nothing wrong with Bonanza. With Bonanza, Little House on the Prairie and Highway to Heaven, I believe Michael Landon spent straight 30 seasons on NBC.
    Hail the BISON!!!

The only celebrities I've met other than book-signings or meet and greets are Hal Linden (who played Barney Miller) at a Costco in Los Angeles and Arvydas Sabonis at a Petsmart near Portland when he was playing for the Trailblazers.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I've been rewatching the series on Netflix for the past year. As a kid it was one of my favorite shows to watch "if" we could get our antenna to tune in to NBC (PBS and ABC were basically the only channels we could get to work consistently until FOX showed up years later) on Wednesday nights. I don't know how good of a person Michael Landon was in real life, but the examples he set on this show along with Little House on the Prairie were pretty good and still work today. It's too bad both him and Victor French would be soon gone after the show ended. Cancer does not discriminate.
    Funny. Growing up in my neck of the woods, three channels is all we could pick up as well, but instead of ABC, we got CBS...I didn't even know ABC existed until high school.

We must of had the same type of parents.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

I believe you also have an extremely rare 'Bison Loaf' autograph …………….. unless the bitch threw that one out too.

The fact that this thread is talking about Bonanza and LHOTP is the ultimate smack.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery