Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Things JMU fans Say

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Things JMU fans Say

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    The first thing you measure dynasty’s by is championships. If JMU wins two in four years it pales in comparison to seven in a decade. Great dynasties like the Yankees, UCLA and the Bison do not have to win each and every year to qualify.
    And there is a real chance of winning nine championships in this decade!

Apparently NDSU does not have a football dynasty:

"My opinion but the Dynasty word is pretty silly unless your talking playing the best competition. Steelers, Patriots, Ohio, Alabama, Duke can use the word dynasty because they are/were doing it against the best. Big fish in little ponds beating up on the small fish isn't a dynasty. If William & Mary would be playing in the ODAC with a 100 & 10 record, 10 championships, I don't see that being dynasty. At what point does having a dynasty program become more about just "playing down". NDSU has lost what, around 10 games in the past 10 years, To me that isn't a dynasty, that's playing competition you shouldn't be playing."

It seems to me that one cannot declare oneself a Dynasty. When ESPN and other national media start using the word, it becomes legit.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFanAnn View Post
    Apparently NDSU does not have a football dynasty:

"My opinion but the Dynasty word is pretty silly unless your talking playing the best competition. Steelers, Patriots, Ohio, Alabama, Duke can use the word dynasty because they are/were doing it against the best. Big fish in little ponds beating up on the small fish isn't a dynasty. If William & Mary would be playing in the ODAC with a 100 & 10 record, 10 championships, I don't see that being dynasty. At what point does having a dynasty program become more about just "playing down". NDSU has lost what, around 10 games in the past 10 years, To me that isn't a dynasty, that's playing competition you shouldn't be playing."

It seems to me that one cannot declare oneself a Dynasty. When ESPN and other national media start using the word, it becomes legit.
    so way, we're inferior to them yet a class above them at the same time?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If one pays attention "ESPN and other national media" are using the word.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Your apologizing just because you've gotten your ass handed to you with your weak smack talk.
    Bullshit! I apologized because I thought it was the right thing to do. I'm a guest on your board and I said some things that I regret. I think it is fine for me to say whatever I want on our own board, but as a guest here, I believe I stepped over the line and did what I considered the right thing to do. I apologized for it. If you can't accept it, then go fuck yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    Bullshit! I apologized because I thought it was the right thing to do. I'm a guest on your board and I said some things that I regret. I think it is fine for me to say whatever I want on our own board, but as a guest here, I believe I stepped over the line and did what I considered the right thing to do. I apologized for it. If you can't accept it, then go fuck yourself!
    There you go, don't be a pussy.

How small is your life that you could possibly regret saying something on a message board?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess telling someone "go f**** yourself "'when you are a visitor isn't stepping over the line. I have to get this internet etiquette thing straight.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I guess telling someone "go f**** yourself when you are a visitor isn't stepping over the line when you are a visitor. I have to get this internet etiquette thing straight.
    Repeat after me.

Smelly Bizens.

Streamers are Tradition.

Not technically rape.

Say these enough times, and you'll understand them.

Facts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bison = Bizon
    James Madison = Jamez Madison

And that’s a fact!
    Go Bison.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Facts View Post
    Bison = Bizon
    James Madison = Jamez Madison

And that’s a fact!
    can you be certain?...maybe it really is Jamez Madizon but the east coasters simply have not the capacity to properly enunciate in an upper midwestern scandihoovian dialect