Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Things JMU fans Say

Default Re: Things JMU fans Say

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Hi Purple! You sound kinda worked up. Should we call in Stapleton to hold you down?
    It's called a struggle snuggle.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Hey 56 did you know 2 things can be true at once? something can be embarrassing, but also not be a big deal. Kinda like how you embarrass yourself on here all the time, but ultimately, its just an online fan forum so it matters very little.

Its embarrassing for the venue to say"we literally dont have room for all of your band.. could you pick a few kids to not come?". and ultimately, if not having room for all of the band members is the biggest complaint about a venue, its really not a huge deal.
    ?

They don't have room for the band? The place seats 20,000. There aren't that many in the band.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    ?

They don't have room for the band? The place seats 20,000. There aren't that many in the band.
    They have a stupidly large band. They march about 450-500 with another 20-30 alternate members. The NCAA allocates space for 350 in the endzone band section. If the school wants to bring more, they either have to use part of their allocation or buy the extra tickets on the open market.

Personally, 350 spots are more than enough for the vast, vast majority of FCS bands, so I don't see it as an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    They have a stupidly large band. They march about 450-500 with another 20-30 alternate members. The NCAA allocates space for 350 in the endzone band section. If the school wants to bring more, they either have to use part of their allocation or buy the extra tickets on the open market.

Personally, 350 spots are more than enough for the vast, vast majority of FCS bands, so I don't see it as an issue.
    If you will recall JSU used the stage for their ‘ballerinas’ and took fan tickets for the band.
    I’m of two opinions. You are then taking supporters tickets. But, band members are students and it’s their school days.
    Wouldn’t want to make that decision
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Jacksonville didn't sell out their allotment
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Just got done watching this tonight, and at 43:44 of the video, you will find the mindset of JMU fans:

https://youtu.be/u8ITpk-6vVg?t=2624
    Hail the BISON!!!

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Just got done watching this tonight, and at 43:44 of the video, you will find the mindset of JMU fans:

https://youtu.be/u8ITpk-6vVg?t=2624
    Wait, back it up......where in the world did you stumble upon this? I can't imagine you just popped an itch for a Highway to Heaven binge...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Wait, back it up......where in the world did you stumble upon this? I can't imagine you just popped an itch for a Highway to Heaven binge...
    I've been rewatching the series on Netflix for the past year. As a kid it was one of my favorite shows to watch "if" we could get our antenna to tune in to NBC (PBS and ABC were basically the only channels we could get to work consistently until FOX showed up years later) on Wednesday nights. I don't know how good of a person Michael Landon was in real life, but the examples he set on this show along with Little House on the Prairie were pretty good and still work today. It's too bad both him and Victor French would be soon gone after the show ended. Cancer does not discriminate.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I've been rewatching the series on Netflix for the past year. As a kid it was one of my favorite shows to watch "if" we could get our antenna to tune in to NBC (PBS and ABC were basically the only channels we could get to work consistently until FOX showed up years later) on Wednesday nights. I don't know how good of a person Michael Landon was in real life, but the examples he set on this show along with Little House on the Prairie were pretty good and still work today. It's too bad both him and Victor French would be soon gone after the show ended. Cancer does not discriminate.
    MIchael Landon (Eugene Orowitz) was a small guy in high school, but he broke the national high school record in the javelin with with a throw of 211 feet, 7 inches.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...816-story.html

Default Things JMU fans Say

Quote Originally Posted by Bisman View Post
    MIchael Landon (Eugene Orowitz) was a small guy in high school, but he broke the national high school record in the javelin with with a throw of 211 feet, 7 inches.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...816-story.html
    I remember this from his semi-autobiography movie, Sam’s Son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!