Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354

Thread: Things JMU fans Say

Default Re: Things JMU fans Say

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Interesting that the schools with the highest fees are from Virginia (8 of the top 10) and nearby states (South Carolina - 2 of the top 10).
    Without the exorbitant student fees, those schools would be D2 (which is where most of them belong)

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Interesting that the schools with the highest fees are from Virginia (8 of the top 10) and nearby states (South Carolina - 2 of the top 10).
    I'm not trying to justify them because they are too high regardless, but it does sound like it's not an apples to apples comparison. Their accounting rules are much stricter due to state law, so some of the things NDSU doesn't count towards athletics, JMU(and others) have to.* And JMU is very limited in what monies they can use to support athletics, so they have to use student fees in cases where NDSU would split it between student fees and other institutional funds.

Again, I believe they are still too high with their institutional support, but it's not as huge a divide as the raw numbers would indicate.

*I'm thinking things like grounds maintenance, utilities and the like. For example, I expect NDSU doesn't break out how much it costs to heat the SHAC(since the campus uses steam heat) and "bill" the athletic department for that.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    JMU student fees in the news...

Hidden figures: College students may be paying thousands in athletic fees and not know it https://www.nbcnews.com/news/educati...-fees-n1145171
    Don't bring that up to JMU fans. I've never seen so much butthurt and denial.

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    Fuckem......
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    I'm not trying to justify them because they are too high regardless, but it does sound like it's not an apples to apples comparison. Their accounting rules are much stricter due to state law, so some of the things NDSU doesn't count towards athletics, JMU(and others) have to.* And JMU is very limited in what monies they can use to support athletics, so they have to use student fees in cases where NDSU would split it between student fees and other institutional funds.

Again, I believe they are still too high with their institutional support, but it's not as huge a divide as the raw numbers would indicate.

*I'm thinking things like grounds maintenance, utilities and the like. For example, I expect NDSU doesn't break out how much it costs to heat the SHAC(since the campus uses steam heat) and "bill" the athletic department for that.
    Sounds like you have a fair point, unless grounds maintenance is why their fees are so high. It’s no one else’s fault that they throw so many streamers...

...except the other teams in the CAA, but I digress...

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    Anyone would be butthurt if da Nile was flowing from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!