Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Things JMU fans Say

Default Re: Things JMU fans Say

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    They do realize that if they had not beaten us they would not have had a shot at the Natty right? But beating us means nothing to them.
    I know, I was thinking about that, too. Without that 1 win, no championships since 2004, and only 1 meaningless Championship game loss in 2017. Quite the resume...

Lets just call this what it is: This is 1 JMU fan who is nervous about the upcoming game, and more than a little insecure about the fact that EVEN IF they win on Jan 11, we'll still be the most dominant force in the FCS, and one of the most impressive sports feats of recent memory.

When you put it in context, its actually easy to understand why he is trying to react in this way. Actually, psychologically speaking, it makes perfect sense.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

They go into rebuilding after this year. We were supposed to be rebuilding THIS year.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    They go into rebuilding after this year. We were supposed to be rebuilding THIS year.
    Truth.

I'm sure we could dig back and find threads expressing our expectations for this season. If I recall correctly, many folks were expecting at least one or two losses -- if not three. And maybe making it to quarterfinals or semi-finals if we were able to get things on track or have a bit of luck down the stretch. The way the team has performed above expectations this year is truly astounding. Even IF we lose the chipper, it will still be a successful season versus expectations.

Note that this shouldn't be mistaken for complacency. At this point, I don't think anyone will really be satisfied with anything but a win next week. But with some perspective, even a loss in the chipper will be impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Truth.

I'm sure we could dig back and find threads expressing our expectations for this season. If I recall correctly, many folks were expecting at least one or two losses -- if not three. And maybe making it to quarterfinals or semi-finals if we were able to get things on track or have a bit of luck down the stretch. The way the team has performed above expectations this year is truly astounding. Even IF we lose the chipper, it will still be a successful season versus expectations.

Note that this shouldn't be mistaken for complacency. At this point, I don't think anyone will really be satisfied with anything but a win next week. But with some perspective, even a loss in the chipper will be impressive.
    Except for the guys who will actually be in pads a week from tomorrow. I bet they will not be impressed with anything but a 1-0 record next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

i had us 15-0 , its the FCS and NDSU program is above that.
    NDSU is also above JMU

the CAA in 2019 was soft as a baby's belly, freakin stony brook put up points on JMU.

NDSU has nothing to worry about, play our game, be more aggressive on offense and we easily win
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    To recap, things we have learned from Bmac and JMU fans:

Reasons why JMU is better:
    -Better talent- obviously, at every position
    -CAA > NFL, and its not even close
    -Chatanooga and Stony Brook are elite, and just look what JMU did to them!
    -We DOMINATED in the trenches at WVU- we dominated them to the tune of less than 4 yds per carry when we were on offense! #DOMINATION
    -We Lost to WVU #QualityLossButBasicallyAWinAccordingToBmac
    -Our defense is better because our DC was at Maine Last year and yours wasnt.
    -We had 6 players who played in the 18 title, and you only had 5- CHECK-MATE!
    -Our QB is an FBS transfer- DOUBLE-CHECK-MATE
    -Our Coach was offered a FBS job 2 weeks before yours was
    -We're returning so many players from a team that got roadhoused by Colgate- Look out. Remember the team that sucked last year? WE'RE BACK, BABY!
    -Our Tight End is Stapleton's Cousin

All possible reasons NDSU could score or win:
    -No Streamers. Not having streamers is straight up cheating. If we even allow 1 yard rushing to the Bison, its because of not having streamers
    -Injuries. Yeah we lost to Colgate, but we lost to a HEALTHY Colgate Team. NDSU could never beat a healthy Colgate team. If we lose to NDSU its because our Back-up punters girlfriend has the flu. Definitely wont be because NDSU could be better, because that's impossible.
    - If NDSU fans do in game cheers, we're F*cked. thats cheating so bad I cant even, guys. I cant EVEN.
    - They're backwoods hicks and we are better than them because we're from over here and they arent. Imagine living in North Dakota Lol, we're better human beings, parents brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers and cousins than you, go to hell bigots.

How am I doing so far guys? Have I missed anything?
    My take from that is basically the whole JMU team is fucking the backup punter's girlfriend. And we are the ones who are backwards.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Now that we are in the championship game the season will seem like a bust if we do not win. I know that isn’t the right attitude but that is where I am at with this one. It would be easy to say we have the next three years but there are no guarantees.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Now that we are in the championship game the season will seem like a bust if we do not win. I know that isn’t the right attitude but that is where I am at with this one. It would be easy to say we have the next three years but there are no guarantees.
    Agree with this. I will be super bummed if NDSU doesn’t win. That said, I feel the most prepared for a loss than I have in years.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Agree with this. I will be super bummed if NDSU doesn’t win. That said, I feel the most prepared for a loss than I have in years.
    fuck em. let your nuts hang

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    fuck em. let your nuts hang

Lardsin must go!