Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Things JMU fans Say

Default Re: Things JMU fans Say

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    And I guess what I am saying (maybe others as well, but I won't speak for anyone else) is that if you want to group JMU with NDSU as the class of FCS then holding their own and "dominating the trenches" against a P5 team isn't good enough. I know I wouldn't be happy as a Bison fan with a close loss to WVU, that's a game I expect NDSU to win. I (and maybe others here) get a bit owly, when BMac who had picked JMU to win it all in the preseason was forming his narrative around that prediction rather than using the results on the field. He stated that his opinion would change if NDSU were able to go through the heart of their schedule unscathed even though NDSUs resume at that time was better than JMUs. I (and possibly others) weren't saying the dooks weren't formidable opponents who couldn't beat the Bison, just that BMac was applying two different metrics to the two different teams.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    This is a fair assessment. However, the logic doesn’t apply to a preseason ranking, since there were no results on the field. I mean, a lot of Bison fans did not expect it to be as good as this year has turned out.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Too bad Purple got his feelings hurt or he'd set you straight.
    Here it was: https://twitter.com/JMUSportsNews/st...22547043794945

I must admit that beating JMU in the championship game two years ago was no big deal and I felt no sense of revenge for 2016 (snicker, snicker).
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    This is a fair assessment. However, the logic doesn’t apply to a preseason ranking, since there were no results on the field. I mean, a lot of Bison fans did not expect it to be as good as this year has turned out.
    And that is also fair. I am someone who is pleasantly surprised at how well NDSUs youngsters have played this year but his reasoning for his rankings have led me to be skeptical of BMacs conviction in what he writes. Like I stated before I think he's been forming his narrative around his preseason pick. His reasoning has been a bit hollow IMO.

NDSU lost its coaching staff, so look for them to take a step back. No mention of the coaching change at JMU.

NDSU graduates a ton so look for them to take a step back. JMU was underwhelming last year but they have more experience.

The infamous "dominating the trenches against WVU" line.

Just a few examples.

With all of that said, I look for it to be a close game. One that I am nervous for and can't blame anybody for giving JMU a real shot to win. NDSU looked like a different team in the first two playoff games than they did in the regular season. If TRoehl let's Trey do his thing NDSU is the better team. If they try and force the run to setup play action, like in ISU #2, JMUs defense is too good for that. If they try to run Tray 50 times like they did against SDSU, JMUs defense is too good for that. I think they will have to sling the ball around a little bit to keep JMUs safetys from loading the box and their LBs from crashing down hard. I think JMU will be able to move the ball on offense, running up the middle and finding Stapleton in the passing game but NDSU will hold them to more FGs than TDs.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Too bad Purple got his feelings hurt or he'd set you straight.
    Was that earlier in this thread that he was making the claims that it wasn't a very significant win for them?

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    Yeah, flatter yourselves, but that game does not even register in the top ten. The 2004 Natty, beating Montana, would probably be #1. You remember 2004, right? Same year you all escaped DII. Beating #13 Virginia Tech would be #2 for most JMU fans, I think. Tech won the CAA championship that year. Several games against rival App State would be in the top ten, along with memorable games against Villanova, Delaware, and Richmond.
    Hey Bulldogg (Purple): According to your own fans, it is actually #1 out of 7 total Football related moments, and #1 out of 16 all-sports related moments.

https://twitter.com/JMUSportsNews/st...22547043794945
    Last edited by heffray; 01-03-2020 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Hey Bulldogg (Purple): According to your own fans, it is actually #1 out of 7 total Football related moments, and #1 out of 16 all-sports related moments.

https://twitter.com/JMUSportsNews/st...22547043794945

Hah! Link does not work. Did they pull it down already??

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Hah! Link does not work. Did they pull it down already??
    fixed it..... thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    Yeah, flatter yourselves, but that game does not even register in the top ten. The 2004 Natty, beating Montana, would probably be #1. You remember 2004, right? Same year you all escaped DII. Beating #13 Virginia Tech would be #2 for most JMU fans, I think. Tech won the CAA championship that year. Several games against rival App State would be in the top ten, along with memorable games against Villanova, Delaware, and Richmond.
    The Divison 2 Bison beat Montana (ranked 3rd at the time) at their place the previous year (in 2003)…...so yeah.....we remember.

They do realize that if they had not beaten us they would not have had a shot at the Natty right? But beating us means nothing to them.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix