Page 35 of 54 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Things JMU fans Say

Default Re: Things JMU fans Say

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Pretty sure I saw some kind of van voted bracket on twitter last summer for JMU football's top moments and winning that semifinal in the Fargodome beat out both of their national title wins and their win over top 25 ranked Virginia Tech a few years back.
    Too bad Purple got his feelings hurt or he'd set you straight.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I heard it was completely insignificant to them.
    A guy on twitter said that he thought it was "cute" that NDSU fans thought the 2016 semifinal win would even be in the top 10 moments in their history lol. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

breathes....

BWWWWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Also BMAC said on that same podcast before saying that championship game experience only matters in 2017 but not 18, he prefaced it with another dumb ass statement: JMU is simply more talented than NDSU and thats going to be a big difference.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

To recap, things we have learned from Bmac and JMU fans:

Reasons why JMU is better:
    -Better talent- obviously, at every position
    -CAA > NFL, and its not even close
    -Chatanooga and Stony Brook are elite, and just look what JMU did to them!
    -We DOMINATED in the trenches at WVU- we dominated them to the tune of less than 4 yds per carry when we were on offense! #DOMINATION
    -We Lost to WVU #QualityLossButBasicallyAWinAccordingToBmac
    -Our defense is better because our DC was at Maine Last year and yours wasnt.
    -We had 6 players who played in the 18 title, and you only had 5- CHECK-MATE!
    -Our QB is an FBS transfer- DOUBLE-CHECK-MATE
    -Our Coach was offered a FBS job 2 weeks before yours was
    -We're returning so many players from a team that got roadhoused by Colgate- Look out. Remember the team that sucked last year? WE'RE BACK, BABY!
    -Our Tight End is Stapleton's Cousin

All possible reasons NDSU could score or win:
    -No Streamers. Not having streamers is straight up cheating. If we even allow 1 yard rushing to the Bison, its because of not having streamers
    -Injuries. Yeah we lost to Colgate, but we lost to a HEALTHY Colgate Team. NDSU could never beat a healthy Colgate team. If we lose to NDSU its because our Back-up punters girlfriend has the flu. Definitely wont be because NDSU could be better, because that's impossible.
    - If NDSU fans do in game cheers, we're F*cked. thats cheating so bad I cant even, guys. I cant EVEN.
    - They're backwoods hicks and we are better than them because we're from over here and they arent. Imagine living in North Dakota Lol, we're better human beings, parents brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers and cousins than you, go to hell bigots.

How am I doing so far guys? Have I missed anything?
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Also BMAC said on that same podcast before saying that championship game experience only matters in 2017 but not 18, he prefaced it with another dumb ass statement: JMU is simply more talented than NDSU and thats going to be a big difference.
    I don’t agree with a lot of what BMac says, but you’re misrepresenting his overall thoughts on this particular matchup. He is very complimentary of NDSU and does think they can win this game, he thinks it’s a coin flip but gives the edge to JMU because of overall seniority, not necessarily experience. He also admits this is JMU’s last chance before they rebuild for a year or 2, whereas NDSU will likely be favorites for them next 3...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I don’t agree with a lot of what BMac says, but you’re misrepresenting his overall thoughts on this particular matchup. He is very complimentary of NDSU and does think they can win this game, he thinks it’s a coin flip but gives the edge to JMU because of overall seniority, not necessarily experience. He also admits this is JMU’s last chance before they rebuild for a year or 2, whereas NDSU will likely be favorites for them next 3...
    Lol, youre giving him way too much credit. to paraphrase, he went on for 10 minutes saying that NDSU is hella good, BUT... here are all the reasons JMU will win. Leading off with talent and that they had 6 people in the title game 2 years ago and we only had 5. He didnt mention how many had title game experience last year, because that doesnt fit his narrative. Never did I say he thought we sucked, he know's we're good. But he stated 5-6 difference makers.
    Among them were
    "more talented"
    "6 players in 17 title"
    and
    "Our..er, uh I meant JMU's DC was at Maine last year, sooo"

His Job security relies strictly on the FCS being as interesting as possible. In reality, An unbiased observer would say that NDSU will win every game and every title, because it is more than likely true- BUT... the FCS being 100% predictable is boring and therefore bad for someone in his position. Anytime ther is even moderately viable contender not named NDSU he has to pimp them as hard as he can. I am just laughing at how hard he has to ignore reality to dig for difference makers in this game (and throughout this entire season)
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Lol, youre giving him way too much credit. to paraphrase, he went on for 10 minutes saying that NDSU is hella good, BUT... here are all the reasons JMU will win. Leading off with talent and that they had 6 people in the title game 2 years ago and we only had 5. He didnt mention how many had title game experience last year, because that doesnt fit his narrative. Never did I say he thought we sucked, he know's we're good. But he stated 5-6 difference makers.
    Among them were
    "more talented"
    "6 players in 17 title"
    and
    "Our..er, uh I meant JMU's DC was at Maine last year, sooo"

His Job security relies strictly on the FCS being as interesting as possible. In reality, An unbiased observer would say that NDSU will win every game and every title, because it is more than likely true- BUT... the FCS being 100% predictable is boring and therefore bad for someone in his position. Anytime ther is even moderately viable contender not named NDSU he has to pimp them as hard as he can. I am just laughing at how hard he has to ignore reality to dig for difference makers in this game (and throughout this entire season)
    Not looking for a fight here, but I’ll say a couple things: First, it’s not like last year when EWU kind of made it to the chipper a little out of nowhere and they were forced to prognosticate different ways EWU “could” pull off an upset... For whatever reason, BMac and Sam have been high on JMU since preseason. A team who lost to Colgate in the second round last year, they looked at them on paper and thought they deserved it. Considering how young NDSU is, he could be right, and I don’t fault him for sticking to his guns.

Last thing I’ll say about this is that whatever bias you think he may have for JMU or the CAA, the same rule applies to all of us Bison fans who will look to discredit anyone who isn’t picking the Bison. It actually applies more, BMac didn’t go to JMU, or live there... he’s more objective than me, I’ll say that much.

Not looking for a fight here, but I’ll say a couple things: First, it’s not like last year when EWU kind of made it to the chipper a little out of nowhere and they were forced to prognosticate different ways EWU “could” pull off an upset... For whatever reason, BMac and Sam have been high on JMU since preseason. A team who lost to Colgate in the second round last year, they looked at them on paper and thought they deserved it. Considering how young NDSU is, he could be right, and I don’t fault him for sticking to his guns.

Last thing I’ll say about this is that whatever bias you think he may have for JMU or the CAA, the same rule applies to all of us Bison fans who will look to discredit anyone who isn’t picking the Bison. It actually applies more, BMac didn’t go to JMU, or live there... he’s more objective than me, I’ll say that much.
    The difference is that as a bison fan no one expects you to be objective. The same does not apply to a sports reporter. I fully agree with the rest of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    The difference is that as a bison fan no one expects you to be objective. The same does not apply to a sports reporter. I fully agree with the rest of your post.
    And I guess I’m saying that you “can” objectively look at these teams and see a JMU win. I mean, if I can...

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

And I guess I’m saying that you “can” objectively look at these teams and see a JMU win. I mean, if I can...
    And I guess what I am saying (maybe others as well, but I won't speak for anyone else) is that if you want to group JMU with NDSU as the class of FCS then holding their own and "dominating the trenches" against a P5 team isn't good enough. I know I wouldn't be happy as a Bison fan with a close loss to WVU, that's a game I expect NDSU to win. I (and maybe others here) get a bit owly, when BMac who had picked JMU to win it all in the preseason was forming his narrative around that prediction rather than using the results on the field. He stated that his opinion would change if NDSU were able to go through the heart of their schedule unscathed even though NDSUs resume at that time was better than JMUs. I (and possibly others) weren't saying the dooks weren't formidable opponents who couldn't beat the Bison, just that BMac was applying two different metrics to the two different teams.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk