Page 57 of 71 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Default Re: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Having listened to all the National media podcasts and articles.. I have distilled the aggregate message into just a few sentences for you:

"If you analyze every aspect of Both JMU and NDSU, JMU is better in every way, But by a rAzOr tHiN mArGiN! Coaching, talent, stadium, color scheme, favorite thanksgiving food, EVERYTHING. But dont be surprised if NDSU wins!"
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    One position group we haven't talked a ton about is the safety position. We've all heard that JMU's weakness is their secondary, which has gotten better throughout the year. Obviously Hendricks and Tutsie are fantastic back there, so I would assume NDSU would have the edge. Considering most of our picks have been from our safeties, I'm hoping this plays a factor.
    As long as we dont get Polk manned up in the slot with Jimmy Football...MSU exposed us there in the semis. However, I do think both our safeties are really high football IQ guys...so they find themselves in the right place at the right time quite often when they're in zone.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    One position group we haven't talked a ton about is the safety position. We've all heard that JMU's weakness is their secondary, which has gotten better throughout the year. Obviously Hendricks and Tutsie are fantastic back there, so I would assume NDSU would have the edge. Considering most of our picks have been from our safeties, I'm hoping this plays a factor.
    Yep—I’m predicting a Hendrick’s pick on a 50-50 ball to Stapleton where we disguise coverage to make it look like man, when in fact we are in cover 2 or man-under cover 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

I just don't want to see 15 dive runs into the middle of the pile and 10 QB draws.

lets hit the tackles on the runs and throw the dam ball around this game.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

This a FCS bettor I follow. He posts his 5Dimes bets and analysis every week. Hes usually pretty good.

"Last year I took EWU and the points vs NDSU, and cashed a ticket. This year's number is a real eyebrow raiser. NDSU is fetching +105 on the ML and +1.5 around the offshores. Bookmaker is hanging in there with a $1000 max payout, so the big boys aren't yet committing to this line. The limits will go up Thursdayish as they get a feel for the handle.

The ONLY reason I can find to back JMU is the rush D discrepancy. JMU is ranked #1 and NDSU comes in at #30. If any of you guys are playing JMU with another angle, I'd love to hear the rationale.

At this point it is becoming cliche', but this may be the best NDSU team yet. At least stats wise, the offense certainly is...the big advantage for the Bizon is the O'line. JMU is undersized up front and likes to speed rush from the perimeter...I have a hunch that NDSU will be able to do what they want inside the tackles when it counts. If I'm right, this will place a tremendous amount of pressure on a JMU O that struggled mightily vs Northern Iowa and at times vs Weber St.

So, to me this is the either a layup for the Bizon or a huge Vegas trap game. Personally, I don't believe in shades or traps...makes things too difficult. Until they lose, Bizon it is.

For now, it's NDSU +105 for me. We will get into bet sizes as the week progresses."

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I just don't want to see 15 dive runs into the middle of the pile and 10 QB draws.

lets hit the tackles on the runs and throw the dam ball around this game.
    Would love to see us motion guys around pre-snap and run right off our guards outside hip. If their DEs want to speed rush I’ll happily let them.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    This a FCS bettor I follow. He posts his 5Dimes bets and analysis every week. Hes usually pretty good.

"Last year I took EWU and the points vs NDSU, and cashed a ticket. This year's number is a real eyebrow raiser. NDSU is fetching +105 on the ML and +1.5 around the offshores. Bookmaker is hanging in there with a $1000 max payout, so the big boys aren't yet committing to this line. The limits will go up Thursdayish as they get a feel for the handle.

The ONLY reason I can find to back JMU is the rush D discrepancy. JMU is ranked #1 and NDSU comes in at #30. If any of you guys are playing JMU with another angle, I'd love to hear the rationale.

At this point it is becoming cliche', but this may be the best NDSU team yet. At least stats wise, the offense certainly is...the big advantage for the Bizon is the O'line. JMU is undersized up front and likes to speed rush from the perimeter...I have a hunch that NDSU will be able to do what they want inside the tackles when it counts. If I'm right, this will place a tremendous amount of pressure on a JMU O that struggled mightily vs Northern Iowa and at times vs Weber St.

So, to me this is the either a layup for the Bizon or a huge Vegas trap game. Personally, I don't believe in shades or traps...makes things too difficult. Until they lose, Bizon it is.

For now, it's NDSU +105 for me. We will get into bet sizes as the week progresses."
    Circa was up to NDSU +120 until early this morning. Currently the best odds in Vegas are Westgate at NDSU +115: https://www.vegasinsider.com/college...te/01-11-20#BT

I've got a buddy in Vegas that's going to be throwing some cash into that pot on my behalf later this week. It'll pay for my beer on Friday and Saturday (maybe).

Another thing I'm thinking about that could be huge in this game: Penalties.

We struggled with this early on, but definitely cleaned it up in the playoffs for the most part. Hoping the trend continues, but I wouldn't be surprised if a big play isn't wiped out by holding or ineligible man downfield.
    Last edited by heffray; 01-08-2020 at 03:52 PM.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I've said before, but I believe that if we play average or better, we're in business. This includes not getting 6+ penalties, Implementing SDSU offensive gameplan, not dropping wide open first down catches etc.

This team playing "average" is like a madden 90. Us playing lights out is like a 97.
    Our game vs SDSU was maybe an 82? Lower?

Anything under 90 aint gonna cut it agaianst JMU who, in my estimation has virtually identical numbers (maybe -2 in all aspects)
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Would love to see us motion guys around pre-snap and run right off our guards outside hip. If their DEs want to speed rush I’ll happily let them.
    exactly... or the diamond formation with the 2 FB's in Backfield and pound the DE ! we haven't seen that play so much this year, have we?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?