Page 56 of 71 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Default Re: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Now imagine Matt Entz or Chris Klieman telling a similar story and how different it would sound. The difference is called class.
    ????

Not really seeing how what he said could be considered classless. If anything it was a compliment to say he wanted Braun on his staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    ????
    Not really seeing how what he said could be considered classless. If anything it was a compliment to say he wanted Braun on his staff.
    Yep. Sometimes I just don't understand the hot takes of fellow Bisonvillers. Sometimes they are spot-on, but other times... they just make you wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Now imagine Matt Entz or Chris Klieman telling a similar story and how different it would sound. The difference is called class.
    Its your lack of class that you mentioned, its a compliment dude,smdh ! Hating for the sake of Hating, love that the players decide the outcome on the field.
    Last edited by motrain46; 01-08-2020 at 01:04 AM. Reason: grammar

Has anyone stopped Trey Lance from running all year? He is very effective on designed runs and on scrambles. Seems like JMU will have to dedicate a spy to him to force him away from his strength.
    Dinucci will run for first downs too, but most of his yardage comes on scrambles.
    [I]September 11, 2010 JMU 21 #13Virginia Tech 16[/I]

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    Has anyone stopped Trey Lance from running all year? He is very effective on designed runs and on scrambles. Seems like JMU will have to dedicate a spy to him to force him away from his strength.
    Dinucci will run for first downs too, but most of his yardage comes on scrambles.
    Sdsu had great success, but our gameplan was too conservative and one dimensional. Our young and inexperienced OC has learned his lessons this year. If you dedicate a LB or safety to spy him we'll burn you with the pass game. If you don't, well burn you with the QB run. Pick your poison.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Sdsu had great success, but our gameplan was too conservative and one dimensional. Our young and inexperienced OC has learned his lessons this year. If you dedicate a LB or safety to spy him we'll burn you with the pass game. If you don't, well burn you with the QB run. Pick your poison.
    Taking the sack yardage out Trey ran it 17 times for 82 yards against SDSU... that's a pretty good day on the ground for him. His issue in that game was that he had absolutely no rhythm throwing the ball. Almost every pass was a down-the-field low percentage throw which is a trap I hope Roehl avoids in this one. JMU's defense, just like everyone else this year, will be loaded up against the run on the early downs which will give them a perfect opportunity to use play action to give Lance some high percentage throws early, get him settled down, and give the JMU defense something else to worry about which may loosen up those running lanes as well.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Taking the sack yardage out Trey ran it 17 times for 82 yards against SDSU... that's a pretty good day on the ground for him. His issue in that game was that he had absolutely no rhythm throwing the ball. Almost every pass was a down-the-field low percentage throw which is a trap I hope Roehl avoids in this one. JMU's defense, just like everyone else this year, will be loaded up against the run on the early downs which will give them a perfect opportunity to use play action to give Lance some high percentage throws early, get him settled down, and give the JMU defense something else to worry about which may loosen up those running lanes as well.
    The bison need to strategically use the McNorton (screen) to combat an aggressive pass rush in this game.

TE's down the seams and wheel routes. Then hit Watson over the top! I think Trey is going to have a big game passing.

One position group we haven't talked a ton about is the safety position. We've all heard that JMU's weakness is their secondary, which has gotten better throughout the year. Obviously Hendricks and Tutsie are fantastic back there, so I would assume NDSU would have the edge. Considering most of our picks have been from our safeties, I'm hoping this plays a factor.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Another thing to take away from the Montana St game was that we were diverse offensively. I am confident that will be the case once again this game. I do not believe the narrative that Roehl will lay another egg with his game plan...so that doesnt have me worried.

I think the biggest factor will be containing DiNucci when we hes out of the pocket.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.