Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Default Re: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Meaning YOU in fact are afraid I guess. Well, if you care about whether your team wins or not, you should be. Won’t matter though. Your guys had a good season. An eleven game win streak is nothing to sneeze at and for most FCS programs, like yours, it is commendable.

Here in ND we expect more. Our history and culture dictates that the overlooked .... nah, not going to explain it. JMU is going to make a very deserving also ran. Enjoy the game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Was just a little good natured smack talk. You didn’t have to go all condescending on me...I know JMU is not a dynasty compared to NDSU. Do we expect as much now from our team though? You bet we do. And does any of this matter this Saturday? Nope. And that’s what makes it fun.

See you guys in Frisco!

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    What’s the chatter on the JMU board about the game/who wins/thoughts on game from them—not seeking a Lakes response ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lakes and a couple other trolls mounting irrelevant arguments and/or just spewing straight garbage.

Many Duke's fans are very sensitive to the "Transfer U" label.

Token comments about the living conditions in ND vs VA.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I was completely blank mind going into Target Field and blown away by that performance. I was somewhat nervous about three games: UC Davis, SDSU, and ISUr2 (qtr final). I have never once been nervous about this coming game. Not one moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Looks like someone forgot where JMU's DC came from.... If you truly understood the dominance that is MAINE FOOTBALL 2018, you wouldnt be so confident
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

2017 teams vs. 2019? Nearly everything has changed since 2017...coaches, schedules and most of the key players on both teams.

I am confident going into the game. I am Confident we will at least play average, and average for us, is good enough to beat everyonein the FCS.

We have Played Somewhere between bad and TERRIBLE 4x (in my estimation). UC Davis, SDSU, SIU and ISUr2 (obviously we had to make many plays to win those games, I'm saying "Terrible" only when compared to our full potential). We emptied multiple clips into our feet in all of those games, but we found a way to win against 3 teams that were very very very good at the time (but Not JMU Good).

If we add a 5th shoot-an-entire-clip-into-our-feet game, we lose.

If we play average, we win by a TD. I think there is a 66% chance we play average or better. But I am nervous about the remaining 33% chance. If we show up like we did at SDSU we're toast. Cant pull that crap against JMU.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    2017 teams vs. 2019? Nearly everything has changed since 2017...coaches, schedules and most of the key players on both teams.
    Wait... lol are you forgetting that JMU is returning SIX players from the 17 chipper? They have so much F*CKING championship game experience its not even funny. This is basically the first time any of our players have been to Frisco, its gonna take everything we got to take down JMU in what looks like will be a home game for them
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    JMU has several key players back from 2 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    Lakes and a couple other trolls mounting irrelevant arguments and/or just spewing straight garbage.

Many Duke's fans are very sensitive to the "Transfer U" label.

Token comments about the living conditions in ND vs VA.
    How many transfers do they have? I think I counted 10.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I am confident going into the game. I am Confident we will at least play average, and average for us, is good enough to beat everyonein the FCS.

We have Played Somewhere between bad and TERRIBLE 4x (in my estimation). UC Davis, SDSU, SIU and ISUr2 (obviously we had to make many plays to win those games, I'm saying "Terrible" only when compared to our full potential). We emptied multiple clips into our feet in all of those games, but we found a way to win against 3 teams that were very very very good at the time (but Not JMU Good).

If we play average, we win by a TD. I think there is a 66% chance we play average or better. But I am nervous about the remaining 33% chance. If we show up like we did at SDSU we're toast. Cant pull that crap against JMU.
    I dig the confidence, Mankato. Don't let me throw water on your fire. The problem with this argument is that JMU will say the exact same thing if they lose. Fuck, they already say it about 2017.

What's wrong with saying these are 2 evenly matched teams and it could go either way?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post

Average is not going to cut it. If we don’t play our best game of the year we lose. And that has got me very, very nervous.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix