Page 44 of 71 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Default Re: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Of the 35 receptions in the first 3 playoff games, only 6 were by TEs.
    Not enough imho. Need them more involved.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Weather Channel is no longer forecasting rain in Frisco on Saturday. Now they say a few clouds early otherwise mostly sunny, winds out of the NW at 10-20, and a high of 50.

High temp has dipped a bit but if the rain goes away with it that's a trade-off I'll make.
    If I read it right, when I looked this morning it was morning rain with high of 48. Sounds lovely. I wish they would move this game to Florida or Phoenix for awhile. Try something new.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Low 50s with 15-25 mph wind. Showers and possible Tstorm Friday. Should be interesting conditions for Mr. Dinucci. Our man Lance, no big deal.

Fuck...its everybody takes a screen shot and posts it to social media week isnt it?

It's championship week! JMU has their tradition (streamers) and so do we...

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    If I read it right, when I looked this morning it was morning rain with high of 48. Sounds lovely. I wish they would move this game to Florida or Phoenix for awhile. Try something new.
    The NCAA doesn't pick a city and hold the championship there. Cities submit bids to host it and the NCAA selects from that. I'm guessing nobody else has submitted a bid the last couple times it's been available or Frisco has been the best bid each time. It's also possible the NCAA is happy with Frisco and allows them to solo bid if they are interested. If the sports agencies in Orlando or Phoenix or Nashville or Vegas aren't interested in hosting the event it won't be held in those cities.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    The NCAA doesn't pick a city and hold the championship there. Cities submit bids to host it and the NCAA selects from that. I'm guessing nobody else has submitted a bid the last couple times it's been available or Frisco has been the best bid each time. It's also possible the NCAA is happy with Frisco and allows them to solo bid if they are interested. If the sports agencies in Orlando or Phoenix or Nashville or Vegas aren't interested in hosting the event it won't be held in those cities.
    I would guess there are others bidding on it but Frisco bids the most aggressively because they have hard numbers showing the economic impact of the event for them. I don't know what percentage of gate receipts they keep but ticket prices have rose nearly 300% in the last 8 years so they are making good money off of the game itself not to mention the impact to local businesses. I bet their bid for the 2010-2012 championship cycle was peanuts compared to this last bid for the 2019-2021 cycle

When do we find out what our Gameday roster looks like, and how many can we dress/have ready to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I would guess there are others bidding on it but Frisco bids the most aggressively because they have hard numbers showing the economic impact of the event for them. I don't know what percentage of gate receipts they keep but ticket prices have rose nearly 300% in the last 8 years so they are making good money off of the game itself not to mention the impact to local businesses. I bet their bid for the 2010-2012 championship cycle was peanuts compared to this last bid for the 2019-2021 cycle
    I agree it's probably been a very successful investment for them and the local hospitality industry. As long as teams like NDSU and JMU keep getting there it's a very low risk event. If they get a game like Sam Houston State (local with fewer people staying in hotels and eating/drinking) and New Hampshire (smaller following) they would possibly still get a lot of the ticket revenue thanks to Bison/Dukes presale purchases), but the local economy wouldn't fare as well. When a sports agency bids on something like this the local hospitality industry is heavily involved.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    When do we find out what our Gameday roster looks like, and how many can we dress/have ready to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They're allowed to dress up to 70.

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...pantManual.pdf

Travel Party/Squad Size. The official traveling party for the NCAA Division I Football Championship Game shall consist of 145 persons. Transportation expenses and a $150 per diem will tentatively be provided for each member of the travel party.

The number of student-athletes in uniform cannot exceed 70, and at the administrative meeting, each coach shall designate the 70 student-athletes who will participate in the championship. A roster will be provided that should be used to list the 70 student-athletes as well as other personnel to be allowed on the sidelines during the game.
    The "administrative meeting" is the day before the game. I'd assume Entz will have his normal 2PM presser today so maybe he'll give some clues on who some fringe guys are that may or may not be dressing. I'd be interested in hearing if a guy like Jalen Bussey will dress for this game.