Page 37 of 71 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Default Re: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

It'll be a Big Sky crew officiating this game: https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/ar...e#.Xg-nI-TsYpV

Kelly Holman's crew also did the Villanova/SE Louisiana 1st round game earlier in the playoffs. That game featured a very controversial offensive pass interference call late that took away the potential go ahead TD from Villanova with less than 2 minutes to play. Nova eventually turned it over on downs and lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It'll be a Big Sky crew officiating this game: https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/ar...e#.Xg-nI-TsYpV

Kelly Holman's crew also did the Villanova/SE Louisiana 2nd round game earlier in the playoffs. That game featured a very controversial offensive pass interference call late that took away the potential go ahead TD from Villanova with less than 2 minutes to play. Nova eventually turned it over on downs and lost.
    Even with the controversial call under their belt, I think I'd rather have Big Sky than any of the other conferences that would be eligible (ie. not MVFC or CAA)...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Where are these officials from? Meaning city and state. Any affiliations with Griz or Cats?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Where are these officials from? Meaning city and state. Any affiliations with Griz or Cats?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Based on that article the white hat is from Panguitch, Utah (which looks like it's just as close to Vegas as it is to Salt Lake City. No idea where any of the other officials are from but guessing it's the same crew listed in the box score here: https://villanova.com/sports/footbal...boxscore/13362

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Kelly Holman's crew also did the Villanova/SE Louisiana 1st round game earlier in the playoffs. That game featured a very controversial offensive pass interference call late that took away the potential go ahead TD from Villanova with less than 2 minutes to play. Nova eventually turned it over on downs and lost.
    NCAA must not have felt it was that controversial if they assigned them to championship game. Making big, correct calls in critical situations usually helps you get a big game. I do see a Hochuli on that crew. Assume he's related.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We've had this crew before, perhaps even for a championship game. My recollection is them being a good crew.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    We've had this crew before, perhaps even for a championship game. My recollection is them being a good crew.
    The article says the referee has never worked a championship before. Playoff crews are different every year from each conference so the likelihood of these 7 guys working a playoff game together prior to this year is small. They are likely the #1 rated officials at each position in the Big Sky and one of the top 3 crews that worked the first 2 rounds. It's possible the top 2 came from MVFC or CAA.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Not sure if is still true but a few years ago the rap on Big Sky crews was that they did not allow real physical play.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Not sure if is still true but a few years ago the rap on Big Sky crews was that they did not allow real physical play.
    For whatever it's worth they called 14 penalties in that Nova/SLU game (11 on Nova). There were 4 unsportsmanlikes called (3 on Nova and 1 on SLU), 3 PIs (2 on Nova and 1 on SLU), and one 1 offensive holding (on Nova).

Seems like a lot of unsportsmanlikes but they could've all been legit for all I know.

I read the Hero Sports guys calls on the game - 4 of 5 picking JMU. Couple that with the sports books lines and I am wondering if our men will be feeling a little disrespected come a week from tomorrow. Perhaps play with a bit more of an edge, as if they had a bad game the week before for example.

Any body who has been in this position have any thoughts on this? CAS? PL? Anyone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.