Page 34 of 71 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Default Re: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Less Merc, more Kaczor.
    Could not agree with this more than I do....

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter1 View Post
    I was looking at the away games played by each team. Both teams played 5 FCS teams on the road. Here are some interesting stats you guys might like about performance away from home. I didn't look at W Virginia or Butler because WV isn't FCS and Butler was basically a home game.

JMU played only 1 team on the road with a .500 or better record - Chattanooga at 6-6. Combined winning % of those 5 teams 39% (23/59). The average sagarin rating was 172 and FCS Massey's rating of 45.6. Average score on road 44 to 18.6.
    Of JMU QB interceptions, 4/5 were on the road.

NDSU played 4 teams with .500 or better on road. (I'll St, SDSU,S Illinois, and YSU) Two made the playoffs. These teams combined winning percentage was 56% (36/64) The average Sagarin rating for NDSU road competition was135 and an FCS Massey's ranking of 20. Average score was 36.8 to 13.
    An impressive stat from the JMU vs WV game:

West Virginia only had 34 yards rushing (net) against the Dukes. (1.4 yards per attempt)

However, WV averaged only 73.3 yards per game on the ground all season. (2.6 yards per attempt)

JMU gained 172 yards rushing in that game. (3.6 yards per attempt)

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    You are right. For some reason I kept reading Tre instead of Tyler. I should have stayed in that Holiday Inn Express last night.
    Point still stands... this is the most efficient offense NDSU has had in the D1 era. Highest yards per carry average and highest team pass efficiency of any D1 NDSU team. Roehl and the entire offensive staff have done a spectacular job all season as this offense has exceeded even most homerish expectations. Roehl gets an "A" from me for his job this year - the only thing keeping him from an "A+" is his play calling in the SDSU and ISUr #2 games. But he's a rookie OC... it's to be expected he'll have games like that. The nice thing is he's bounced back well from both of those and not repeated the same mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Point still stands... this is the most efficient offense NDSU has had in the D1 era. Highest yards per carry average and highest team pass efficiency of any D1 NDSU team. Roehl and the entire offensive staff have done a spectacular job all season as this offense has exceeded even most homerish expectations. Roehl gets an "A" from me for his job this year - the only thing keeping him from an "A+" is his play calling in the SDSU and ISUr #2 games. But he's a rookie OC... it's to be expected he'll have games like that. The nice thing is he's bounced back well from both of those and not repeated the same mistakes.
    There is no reason to think that those games are anything other than outliers. A heated rivalry game and the 2nd time against a tough conference opponent are by no means easy. Those were both going to be dogfights and they were.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If we beat JMU he deserves the plus.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Im not going to lie. I got thinking about this game yesterday and got just a little bit to pumped up. Simmer down for a week yet scottie simmer.

Btw Scottie, whatever you do DO NOT WATCH THIS VIDEO UNTIL WE'RE AT LEAST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF KICKOFF:

Don't do it!

I know you want to... resist the urge...

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Overall he's done very well, but the bad was really, really bad. If it's a tight game, and I expect it to be, I'll be worried.

All indications are that this will be the best team NDSU has faced all year. I believe NDSU has better talent, but they have shown throughout the season to have the kind of inconsistency, lack of discipline, and difficulty adjusting that you'd expect from an inexperienced team and coaching staff. They'll need to clean that up. Hard to say if they figured things out against Montana State, or if Montana State was just that bad. Probably some of both.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Overall he's done very well, but the bad was really, really bad. If it's a tight game, and I expect it to be, I'll be worried.

All indications are that this will be the best team NDSU has faced all year. I believe NDSU has better talent, but they have shown throughout the season to have the kind of inconsistency, lack of discipline, and difficulty adjusting that you'd expect from an inexperienced team and coaching staff. They'll need to clean that up. Hard to say if they figured things out against Montana State, or if Montana State was just that bad. Probably some of both.
    No matter how bad his bad games have been they've been good enough to win and that's the important thing. I do think Montana St was a good team... you don't get to the semifinals as a bad team. The coaching staff made adjustments in that game that neutralized the "4 to a side pressures" that Illinois St ate them up with to the point where Choate said Montana St completely scrapped that strategy at halftime. I think that had they used the same offensive game plan against Illinois St that they used against Montana St they would've put up 30+ in the quarterfinals too.

In the end the Spack-stache might've given NDSU's offensive players and coaches exactly what they needed to finish off this run.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    An impressive stat from the JMU vs WV game:

West Virginia only had 34 yards rushing (net) against the Dukes. (1.4 yards per attempt)

Impressed by this!!

However, WV averaged only 73.3 yards per game on the ground all season. (2.6 yards per attempt)

JMU gained 172 yards rushing in that game. (3.6 yards per attempt)

lol, nevermind
    10 characters
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS