Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Default Re: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I'll bet TR would like another crack at the ISUr game.
    Agree with this. Also, as Chaos pointed out, the first half was actually pretty good, they just failed to score TDs.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

The stats certainly say the pass should be more open than the run. JMU gives up more pass yards per game and yards per completion than every Valley school except Western Ill., South Dakota, and Misery State.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Need to attack their secondary. I predict a big game from Lance, Sproles and Watson. TE's should have some plays down field too.
    Man NDSU will tear them up with the pass game, I hope they throw until they can put it in grind mode with a nice lead

Pass the ball!!!

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Yeah. Comparing JMU’s D-line with ISUr seems about right.
    JMU does not have a 6'6" 325lb NT, starters are 275-285 on the interior line. They may have speed guys on the outside, one DE is 227lb, but our OTs are pretty special. They will not have seen the kind of size and athleticism our O line brings to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Stary2k11 View Post
    The stats certainly say the pass should be more open than the run. JMU gives up more pass yards per game and yards per completion than every Valley school except Western Ill., South Dakota, and Misery State.
    Teams have likely thrown more against JMU because of the inability to run effectively. Plus, lots of stats come from late in game where teams are trying to catch up and or JMU’s starters out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

I liked the gameplan on Saturday, stay ahead of the sticks. Runs, short passes, TE's, bubble screens. West coast all the way. Take the top off once in a while but get the damn first down.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Another thing to take into consideration is that, while JMU has been in this situation before, their coaches (for the most part) have not. I believe they only have one holdover coach from Houston's staff. Handling the 3 week break will be key towards avoiding a slow start.

Having said that I expect both teams are going to have some wrinkles with the off time...

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Teams have likely thrown more against JMU because of the inability to run effectively. Plus, lots of stats come from late in game where teams are trying to catch up and or JMU’s starters out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed, but they’ve given up an average of 322 pass yards per game in 3 of their tighter games this season, so not all garbage time yards in blowout games.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Seems like JMU’s secondary is playing much better than earlier in the year. The games I’ve seen, they appear to play pretty tight without committing too many penalties. Combine that with their D-line, which I think is better than NDSU’s, it could be a more difficult with a pass-heavy scheme.
    I don’t agree with you. These last two games if those qb’s were competent and/or had some time to pass then JMU would have yielded some yards. We have Lance, Johnson, Volson, et al. Add in a Watson, Sproles AND Keporous? They gonna have their hands full.

But never mind all that. What I REALLY want for Christmas is for Cignetti of some other program person to say some stupid shit publicly so that 91 gets irritated. Please?
    Don't believe everything you think.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

JMU’s secondary coach is shitting his pants watching the MSU game film.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. GOOD LUCK.