Page 27 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Default Re: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    How well do your great Dends move laterally in your opinion/judgment? Haven’t watched enough JMU to know??? I ask because the answer will tell me how we may attack in running game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think everyone already knows how any JMU fan will answer your question. They are very high on their D ends, so I wouldn’t expect anything less than an “excellent” answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Stary2k11 View Post
    I think everyone already knows how any JMU fan will answer your question. They are very high on their D ends, so I wouldn’t expect anything less than an “excellent” answer.
    Not if the poster is honest and admits at least some weaknesses. I would admit those about us if asked—one of which is we have trouble against a mobile QB that plays well scrambling/out of pocket. DiNucci has played much better out of the pocket/scrambling this year compared to last. His 5 interceptions against Colgate in ‘18 were mostly the result of poor decisions while scrambling. He has made those poor decisions as much this year. Better QB coaching I’m thinking.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

You should run at Daka. He is only 230lbs soaking wet. More like a LB playing DE. Carter is more versatile and even lines up at DT on obvious passing downs sometimes.

As good as JMU’s run defense has been, I don’t think they can play their base 4-2-5 and defend the run against 2 TE’s and/or a FB. Either alignment or personnel will have to change to matchup with more large run blockers.
    The chess game between the coaches will be fun to watch based on who is on the field each play.
    It seems like JMU will have to put a 3rd LB on the field and remove one of the smaller DB’s, maybe go to some zero safety looks to get the Bison in down & distance problems.
    [I]September 11, 2010 JMU 21 #13Virginia Tech 16[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Not if the poster is honest and admits at least some weaknesses. I would admit those about us if asked—one of which is we have trouble against a mobile QB that plays well scrambling/out of pocket. DiNucci has played much better out of the pocket/scrambling this year compared to last. His 5 interceptions against Colgate in ‘18 were mostly the result of poor decisions while scrambling. He has made those poor decisions as much this year. Better QB coaching I’m thinking.

Yeah. Reading between the lines it’s appears that DiNucci and Hudson did not have a mutual trust relationship like DiNucci and Cignetti do. Don’t know if Cignetti brought a new QB coach though.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    You should run at Daka. He is only 230lbs soaking wet. More like a LB playing DE. Carter is more versatile and even lines up at DT on obvious passing downs sometimes.

As good as JMU’s run defense has been, I don’t think they can play their base 4-2-5 and defend the run against 2 TE’s and/or a FB. Either alignment or personnel will have to change to matchup with more large run blockers.
    The chess game between the coaches will be fun to watch based on who is on the field each play.
    It seems like JMU will have to put a 3rd LB on the field and remove one of the smaller DB’s, maybe go to some zero safety looks to get the Bison in down & distance problems.
    Interesting. We may run an overload to Daka’s side similar to what we did against UNI.

I agree this will be a chess game and out young QB will need get the reads correct and audible to our advantage.

The zero safety look could give us some openings to TEs and our stuf WR Watson.

This is fun!!

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

I think we see a few more scores compared to 2 seasons ago.

Even if we lose, we will still be the favorite the next 3 seasons.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think this game will come down to NDSU's WR and TE corps vs JMU's secondary. That's the only place I see an advantage ferda Bison. All other matchups look like a wash to me.

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Never, ever throw to a tackle again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Agree, but on the flip side they have been throwing to Mauch all season long when he checks in as a TE

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I just hope Trey is hanging with the rest of the herd the night before and not banqueting. We can celebrate that sort of thing afterwards.

Lardsin must go!

Not sure who's going to win, but I think this game is going to be a very good one.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."