Page 33 of 71 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

GOOD LUCK - Ooops the Bison dont need luck because you execute your game plan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still JMU falls to NDSU!

TALON

www.gsufans.com
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    And they need to get to the play before they get engaged by blockers. We struggle getting off blocks.
    Ha! See UN_ LBs against Nichols for that kind of show. Don’t underestimate our ability to do that. We don’t have an issue that way. I’ll hang up and listen to your BS tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    As our linebackers go so goes the game. Cannot be wrapping up air.
    Hankey has really improved over the course of this season. He isn't any faster, but he is playing much, much faster. He still has room for improvement on his angles, especially against backs with elite speed, but he is tackling better and you can just see how confident and comfortable he is getting. He is diagnosing twice as fast as earlier in the season.

Mercadel just needs to be 100% healthy, which he may actually be depending on how practice is going.

I think Hankey establishes himself as one of the better MLB's in the FCS around mid-season next year.

The key to the upcoming game resides with One, ONE BIG question?? Will Tyler recognize the weaknesses in the JMU defense and use Jimmy Kepouros to cut them to pieces, or will he try to force his usual crap right into the teeth of a defense that knows what is coming?

You can do that sort of thing against average defenses in the FCS, if he tries it in this game his offense isn't going anywhere. Tyler better be prepared to attack the open areas on the field, and they ARE going to be there. If Trey is on and executing well, we could possibly just annihilate this JMU team.

How can anyone think that this game will be decided by anything other than Trey's timing and accuracy and Tyler's play calling? As great as the Bison legs are, including linemen,backs,and WR's.......it will be Trey's arm and Tyler's head that will make this game eminently winnable, because both defenses are dynamic.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Less Merc, more Kaczor.

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was looking at the away games played by each team. Both teams played 5 FCS teams on the road. Here are some interesting stats you guys might like about performance away from home. I didn't look at W Virginia or Butler because WV isn't FCS and Butler was basically a home game.

JMU played only 1 team on the road with a .500 or better record - Chattanooga at 6-6. Combined winning % of those 5 teams 39% (23/59). The average sagarin rating was 172 and FCS Massey's rating of 45.6. Average score on road 44 to 18.6.
    Of JMU QB interceptions, 4/5 were on the road.

NDSU played 4 teams with .500 or better on road. (I'll St, SDSU,S Illinois, and YSU) Two made the playoffs. These teams combined winning percentage was 56% (36/64) The average Sagarin rating for NDSU road competition was135 and an FCS Massey's ranking of 20. Average score was 36.8 to 13.
    Last edited by Scooter1; 01-03-2020 at 07:19 AM.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Im not going to lie. I got thinking about this game yesterday and got just a little bit to pumped up. Simmer down for a week yet scottie simmer.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Less Merc, more Kaczor.
    I agree - Merc is the weak point. Great team player but slow to the ball and misses tackles.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post

The key to the upcoming game resides with One, ONE BIG question?? Will Tyler recognize the weaknesses in the JMU defense and use Jimmy Kepouros to cut them to pieces, or will he try to force his usual crap right into the teeth of a defense that knows what is coming.
    His “usual crap” has resulted in leading NDSU to an undefeated season. And please remind me how many interceptions he has thrown.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    His “usual crap” has resulted in leading NDSU to an undefeated season. And please remind me how many interceptions he has thrown.
    I'm thinking he was talking about Coach Roehl's "usual crap" which I assume is just a reference to the quarterfinal game. Maybe the SDSU game as well.

In any case your point is well taken and in fact Tyler Roehl has thrown exactly as many interceptions as his quarterback. There is an amazing stat huh?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I'm thinking he was talking about Coach Roehl's "usual crap" which I assume is just a reference to the quarterfinal game. Maybe the SDSU game as well.

In any case your point is well taken and in fact Tyler Roehl has thrown exactly as many interceptions as his quarterback. There is an amazing stat huh?

You are right. For some reason I kept reading Tre instead of Tyler. I should have stayed in that Holiday Inn Express last night.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix