Page 7 of 71 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Default Re: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

This is going to be a whale of a game

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Massey has NDSU rated 29th and JMU rated 38th of all D1 football teams. So, based on his ratings, this FCS championship matchup is a better one than 25 out of the 39 FBS bowl games.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Massey has NDSU rated 29th and JMU rated 38th of all D1 football teams. So, based on his ratings, this FCS championship matchup is a better one than 25 out of the 39 FBS bowl games.
    No surprise there. Most bowel games are garbage and lopsided......typically.

Ok, so it's the 16th best FBS bowl game of the year. I'm a bit perplexed by this Saragin rating stuff. "If I hand pick my 2-3 best oranges, they taste as good as my 5th or 6th best Apple, REALLY they do"!!! It's FCS people, and we are either the 1st or 2nd best team again this year. Go Bison!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Ok, so it's the 16th best FBS bowl game of the year. I'm a bit perplexed by this Saragin rating stuff. "If I hand pick my 2-3 best oranges, they taste as good as my 5th or 6th best Apple, REALLY they do"!!! It's FCS people, and we are either the 1st or 2nd best team again this year. Go Bison!!!
    It seems like the other option is to ignore the results of games between FBS and FCS schools which, I think it’s fair to say, would result in less predictive ratings. Really, it would probably be better if teams at all levels were included.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Let Lance be Lance.
    Exactly. A Lance-focused play can never be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    Exactly. A Lance-focused play can never be wrong.
    He's the best player on the field. It's going to be magical.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Josh Hayes is the guy I'd be most worried about health wise... after the game it sounded like Entz was concerned about the severity of his injury but didn't want to speculate about his availability for Frisco so it seems like it's more than just a standard bump or bruise. After the starters it seems like there's a pretty big drop off when it comes to CB and JMU has two really good WRs in Stapleton and Polk. Hopefullly Talbert is up to the challenge if Hayes can't go.
    Talbert has had a season to improve. I believe it was him that looked rough against Davis but held his own this past weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Talbert has had a season to improve. I believe it was him that looked rough against Davis but held his own this past weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He looked better. Still scary to think how many tackles he's whiffed on this year. Like you said he's had a season, maybe he's improved.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    He looked better. Still scary to think how many tackles he's whiffed on this year. Like you said he's had a season, maybe he's improved.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I remember Robbie Grimsley having a rough start too.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯