Page 36 of 71 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Default Re: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    Ha that's a new one. Honestly I think we need more misdirection in our offense. Faking the jet sweeps is about the extent of the "smoke and mirrors" stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Is play action technically considered smoke and mirrors? If so, I hope we DO actually do more this...
    The article elaborates on their "smoke and mirrors" comment. They were referring to all the presnap motion along with multiple personnel groupings and formations the NDSU offense will deploy. Pretty harmless commentary I'd say and I read it as a compliment to the complexity of the NDSU offense as much as anything.

I like the game notes after the story that says they took a week off for Christmas. Isn't that a no-no in Kramerland?
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Sounds like JMU took a whole week off over Christmas.....
    and they didn't even have to deal with a blizzard.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    I like the game notes after the story that says they took a week off for Christmas. Isn't that a no-no in Kramerland?
    I'm guessing Kramer was pissed that the Bison players took 4 days in a row off.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'm guessing Kramer was pissed that the Bison players took 4 days in a row off.
    I thought Cignetti was a super experienced head coach. That sounds downright Fritzian to me.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think their use of "smoke and mirrors" is more related to their presnap stuff. Which if you watch our offense, they arent wrong. We move people around almost every play. However, like their coach said, its because the structure of our offense is very complex. In the first couple drives watch how many times we come out in a certain formation and then shift into something else. It doesnt allow a defense to key on one particular personnel grouping. We could line up with 23 personnel (2 RBS/3 TEs) and come at you straight downhill or we can line up with that same look except for pre snap we flex one tight end and move another to the other side and now we're in 22 personnel and they have to adjust their defense to try to keep their leverage.

We also utilize a lot of motion with our wideouts to reveal their coverage.

So, while we move guys around a bunch its because we're trying to gain an advantage with either personnel or defensive alignment...not because we're window dressing our plays.

In my opinion that is a level of disrespect one notch higher than Chaote's whining.

I sincerely hope the offense, and defense for that matter, celebrates big plays by doing the John Cena "you cant see me" wave.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I thought Cignetti was a super experienced head coach. That sounds downright Fritzian to me.
    Well, he was on Saban's staff at Bama you know... #ButtBama strikes again!

Well, he was on Saban's staff at Bama you know... #ButtBama strikes again!
    Well, we wanted it, right?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Cignetti's still operating on Bama time...he forgot the FCS natty is earlier than the FBS.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Point still stands... this is the most efficient offense NDSU has had in the D1 era. Highest yards per carry average and highest team pass efficiency of any D1 NDSU team. Roehl and the entire offensive staff have done a spectacular job all season as this offense has exceeded even most homerish expectations. Roehl gets an "A" from me for his job this year - the only thing keeping him from an "A+" is his play calling in the SDSU and ISUr #2 games. But he's a rookie OC... it's to be expected he'll have games like that. The nice thing is he's bounced back well from both of those and not repeated the same mistakes.
    Plus now and again other teams can play pretty good and scheme us the way they need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk