Page 43 of 71 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Default Re: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Hey, hey, hey! Let’s not not be forgetting about MISTER Third down there. #19.
    3rd and Kepouris.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Makes me think they’ve been saving it for this game. Who knows. We did it quite a bit early in the year.
    My thoughts exadtly

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Curious why people think this. We barely use TEs
    Because when we do use them......they have been money in the bank. We haven't used a fake punt very often either but I bet that play is in our arsenal for just the right moment.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    My (or maybe just one of them at this point of my Natty anxieties list) is that Lance gets picked early and gets rattled. He hasn’t been in that position yet, and having it happen in a Natty game could be disastrous.

If it happens, Roehl needs to get him comfortable again by running him and giving him some high percentage throws to get him back in his groove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My anxiety is with the constant need Entz seems to have to run the two point conversion. There’s no surprise anymore and the risk of being one point down in a close game against a very good team scares the hell out of me and gives me a high level of anxiety. I can see the Bison losing this game by one point from a needless attempt to be unique.

If this goes to OT on the other hand I see that as a Bison advantage. I doubt their 8-9 day Christmas holiday was good for their conditioning. The Bison were already in winter camp for 3-4 days before JMU came back.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    My anxiety is with the constant need Entz seems to have to run the two point conversion. There’s no surprise anymore and the risk of being one point down in a close game against a very good team scares the hell out of me and gives me a high level of anxiety. I can see the Bison losing this game by one point from a needless attempt to be unique.

If this goes to OT on the other hand I see that as a Bison advantage. I doubt their 8-9 day Christmas holiday was good for their conditioning. The Bison were already in winter camp for 3-4 days before JMU came back.
    Advantage of being up 8>disadvantage of being up "only" 6.

I love the going for 2. If we score first it should be automatic.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    Advantage of being up 8>disadvantage of being up "only" 6.

I love the going for 2. If we score first it should be automatic.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Plus, and contrary to post your are responding to, Entz isn’t trying surprise or fake out the opponent by going for two. Everyone in the stadium knows what’s going on. I’m with you on for sure trying after our first couple of TDs and see where we are after that.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

By doing the swinging gate they aren't calling a 2-point conversion. But if they read the defense aren't covering it they run it. Several teams do the swinging gate but shift out because the defense covers it. Weren't the Bison like 5 for 6 when they ran it? I'm going to guess JMU will cover it so they won't run it unless they have to at the end of the game.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    By doing the swinging gate they aren't calling a 2-point conversion. But if they read the defense aren't covering it they run it. Several teams do the swinging gate but shift out because the defense covers it. Weren't the Bison like 5 for 6 when they ran it? I'm going to guess JMU will cover it so they won't run it unless they have to at the end of the game.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I know we failed at least twice.

Weather Channel is no longer forecasting rain in Frisco on Saturday. Now they say a few clouds early otherwise mostly sunny, winds out of the NW at 10-20, and a high of 50.

High temp has dipped a bit but if the rain goes away with it that's a trade-off I'll make.

Of the 35 receptions in the first 3 playoff games, only 6 were by TEs.