Page 35 of 71 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Default Re: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Btw Scottie, whatever you do DO NOT WATCH THIS VIDEO UNTIL WE'RE AT LEAST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF KICKOFF:

Don't do it!

I know you want to... resist the urge...
    Goddamnit, Chaos...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    An impressive stat from the JMU vs WV game:

West Virginia only had 34 yards rushing (net) against the Dukes. (1.4 yards per attempt)

However, WV averaged only 73.3 yards per game on the ground all season. (2.6 yards per attempt)

JMU gained 172 yards rushing in that game. (3.6 yards per attempt)
    I will admit I was impressed at first at the stats from the WVU game until I looked at it a little deeper. WVU was ranked 128 out of 130 in rushing yards in the FBS. 119 out of 130 in total offense at 323 YPG and 116 in scoring offense at 20.6 PPG

While great to hold them to so few yards. Not like they kept some great FBS team in check thst many would like you to believe. As a side note WVU defense allowed ~160 rush ypg on the season

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    An impressive stat from the JMU vs WV game:

West Virginia only had 34 yards rushing (net) against the Dukes. (1.4 yards per attempt)

However, WV averaged only 73.3 yards per game on the ground all season. (2.6 yards per attempt)

JMU gained 172 yards rushing in that game. (3.6 yards per attempt)
    I looked at all JMU opponents’ rushing stats compared with their season averages:

Opponents average 145.74 yards/game and 3.98 yards/rush.

Vs JMU, these same opponents ran for 61.13 yards/game and 2.21 yards/rush.

So JMU holds opponents to 42% of their typical rushing yards/game, and 56% of their typical yards/rush.

In playoff games they only hold their opponents to 71% of their typical yards/rush. If you remove UNI (0 yards), they only held Monmouth and Weber to 95% of their typical yards/rush.

If these stats continue and JMU can hold NDSU to their season average of 42% of our typical rush yards and 56% of our typical yards/rush, NDSU should end the game with 120.8 rushing yards and 3.56 yards/rush. However, these stats would approximate to almost 15 fewer rushes in the game compared to our average.

However, if JMU gives up their playoff averages, NDSU should end the game with 4.37 yards/rush. I have to think this scenario translates to a great chance at a Bison win.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    When the Bison beat JMU he will have earned the plus.

There. Just tidied that up for ya a bit.

“Smoke and Mirrors”? Hadn’t heard that before about our O—> https://twitter.com/madia_dnrsports/...080846848?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    “Smoke and Mirrors”? Hadn’t heard that before about our O—> https://twitter.com/madia_dnrsports/...080846848?s=21

Ha that's a new one. Honestly I think we need more misdirection in our offense. Faking the jet sweeps is about the extent of the "smoke and mirrors" stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    Ha that's a new one. Honestly I think we need more misdirection in our offense. Faking the jet sweeps is about the extent of the "smoke and mirrors" stuff.
    Is play action technically considered smoke and mirrors? If so, I hope we DO actually do more this...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I like that the players are using the term smoke and mirrors as it give a little insight into their level of respect for what this offense does/can do. Before a bunch of people jump on me, I'm not saying they are underestimating NDSUI just feel like smoke and mirrors is more of a term you use when describing something that isn't legit, that doesn't have a substance on its own. The multiple personnel sets and shifting all have a purpose and are very much there to induce mistakes by the D or set up other attacks.

As CAS mentioned, it's a bit of departure from the standard "they do what they do and they do it well", "you now what's coming, they don't try to hide what they do".

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I like that the players are using the term smoke and mirrors as it give a little insight into their level of respect for what this offense does/can do. Before a bunch of people jump on me, I'm not saying they are underestimating NDSUI just feel like smoke and mirrors is more of a term you use when describing something that isn't legit, that doesn't have a substance on its own. The multiple personnel sets and shifting all have a purpose and are very much there to induce mistakes by the D or set up other attacks.

As CAS mentioned, it's a bit of departure from the standard "they do what they do and they do it well", "you now what's coming, they don't try to hide what they do".
    I never knew having a QB who can make pre-snap reads was somehow a negative. Is Dinucci a cue card guy?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sounds like JMU took a whole week off over Christmas.....