Page 29 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Expert, successful betters that books notice and may adjust lines based on their bets.
    This. General rule of thumb is if the sharps are betting it heavily, then there is reason to believe they are right more often than not (which is why they are the pros).

Of course, this isn't a sure thing, but it does lead me to be concerned that there is a good chance that NDSU is truly a slight dog.

Sure, I can see but the FCS is such an inconsistent disparate property compared to the much larger sample size in FBS. I can't honestly say if the competition that JMU has faced is inferior, the same or superior than NDSU. I do know, however that my team can fucking ball so I'm going to go there with high hopes and not hang my entire weekend on a 1st year coach and redshirt freshman quarterback. It's going to be fun as hell to see these kids for 4 years.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

All this anxiety bubbling up and just 10 days ago I was told there was nothing to worry about. Thanks guys.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    This. General rule of thumb is if the sharps are betting it heavily, then there is reason to believe they are right more often than not (which is why they are the pros).

Of course, this isn't a sure thing, but it does lead me to be concerned that there is a good chance that NDSU is truly a slight dog.
    I'll also add that books can make the decision to literally gamble as well. While, conventional wisdom is the get equal bets on each each side, and make money on the rake (typically 10-20% of lost bets, rest is in theory paying the winners if equal bets on each side), they can also decide set a line that will keep the money flowing on a bet they think will lose. In this example, say the money coming is has been pretty equal, but the sharps start hammering JMU so the line moves from NDSU being favored to +2. This should help start money starts flowing in on NDSU......they can decide that is favorable and not move the line and in essence are betting on JMU covering the set line. Granted, they are taking more risk in that case, but my understanding is this happens.

Well, then the Westgate Superbook can pay me with the sharps' money on that NDSU +115 money line (hopefully it stays there or gets even juicier by the time my buddy gets to Vegas next Wednesday).

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    All this anxiety bubbling up and just 10 days ago I was told there was nothing to worry about. Thanks guys.
    I’m not anxious.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by bajadanny View Post
    Bizun have a pass first game plan and stick to the plan they win
    I am of the opposite opinion. Bison need to run the ball anywhere and everywhere then punish them with play action.

Word on the street is that the 'sharps' are the ones who have driven the line up to JMU -2.5. That scares me...I wonder what they see in the matchups. Regardless, my anxiety level just went up 5x.
    JMU stats wise has been more dominant than us this season

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    JMU stats wise has been more dominant than us this season
    I'm not sure the sharps care about stats as much as matchup difficulties.

I'm not sure the sharps care about stats as much as matchup difficulties.
    They both kinda lead into another. JMU is very good against the run and 3rd down % defense is stout as well.