Page 38 of 71 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Default Re: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I read the Hero Sports guys calls on the game - 4 of 5 picking JMU. Couple that with the sports books lines and I am wondering if our men will be feeling a little disrespected come a week from tomorrow. Perhaps play with a bit more of an edge, as if they had a bad game the week before for example.

Any body who has been in this position have any thoughts on this? CAS? PL? Anyone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds like perfect bulletin board material to me.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I read the Hero Sports guys calls on the game - 4 of 5 picking JMU. Couple that with the sports books lines and I am wondering if our men will be feeling a little disrespected come a week from tomorrow. Perhaps play with a bit more of an edge, as if they had a bad game the week before for example.

Any body who has been in this position have any thoughts on this? CAS? PL? Anyone?

I like having a little underdog mentality personally. We were the big dog in 2016 when we lost. We had a chip on our shoulder in 2017 when we edged them.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    The article says the referee has never worked a championship before. Playoff crews are different every year from each conference so the likelihood of these 7 guys working a playoff game together prior to this year is small. They are likely the #1 rated officials at each position in the Big Sky and one of the top 3 crews that worked the first 2 rounds. It's possible the top 2 came from MVFC or CAA.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Two things:

1. Does NDSU staff scout officials? If not, they need to start doing so. It’s all part of the analytics that is now infiltrating football in a big way;

2. I’m wondering if those same analytics are playing a role in the Vegas/betting lines.

I don’t know the answer to either, just throwing things out for discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Sounds like perfect bulletin board material to me.
    My thinking as well Vet. You know what they say about great minds...

Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    I like having a little underdog mentality personally. We were the big dog in 2016 when we lost. We had a chip on our shoulder in 2017 when we edged them.
    Those Hero Sports peeps are predominantly East coast based so...

But yeah. Bison as the underdog? I AM OFFENDED and I am not even on the team!!!

I’m looking forward to looking in the eyes of those players exiting the practice field on the afternoon of Jan 10. I can’t tell you how much I envy those former players who are able to convene with the current warriors on that field. I believe very strongly that this “small” event contributes greatly to the success as this level. I f’ing LOVE it!

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    For whatever it's worth they called 14 penalties in that Nova/SLU game (11 on Nova). There were 4 unsportsmanlikes called (3 on Nova and 1 on SLU), 3 PIs (2 on Nova and 1 on SLU), and one 1 offensive holding (on Nova).

Seems like a lot of unsportsmanlikes but they could've all been legit for all I know.
    If this is their usual pattern, it would make for very irate Bison fans. JMUs tackle, can't remember which, was a holding machine in the semis.

All depends on the mentality of each player. Some guys will think they are disrespected while others will not. Some people are secure in their knowledge of where they stand as a player/team, while others depend upon being coddled and reassured by outsiders that they are in a good place. Some guys are self motivators while others need a jump start. Most people (fans) will probably make more of it than what it is, while the players will actually self motivate and not really get to worked up about it.
    My thought..................don't get to caught up in it, the players will handle it in their own way. But if you need some comforting words.................NDSU has never lost a Championship game in FCS play where they were the underdog.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    All depends on the mentality of each player. Some guys will think they are disrespected while others will not. Some people are secure in their knowledge of where they stand as a player/team, while others depend upon being coddled and reassured by outsiders that they are in a good place. Some guys are self motivators while others need a jump start. Most people (fans) will probably make more of it than what it is, while the players will actually self motivate and not really get to worked up about it.
    My thought..................don't get to caught up in it, the players will handle it in their own way. But if you need some comforting words.................NDSU has never lost a Championship game in FCS play where they were the underdog.
    Or the favorite, but yes, thanks!

Only one thing left I guess and its WIN THE WHOLE DAMN THING!!!!!

Play with more of an edge? Its the National Championship. What more of an edge does one need????

Plus if one keeps thinking that they were supposedly disrespected while playing then they are doing it wrong. Youve got too much going on out there to think about stuff like that.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."