Page 39 of 71 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Default Re: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Play with more of an edge? Its the National Championship. What more of an edge does one need????

Plus if one keeps thinking that they were supposedly disrespected while playing then they are doing it wrong. Youve got too much going on out there to think about stuff like that.
    Thanks for that perspective PL!! Much appreciated.
    Don't believe everything you think.

JMU Coach Curt Cignetti interview after the Dukes practice today:

https://www.whsv.com/content/sports/...566694831.html

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    Hankey has really improved over the course of this season. He isn't any faster, but he is playing much, much faster. He still has room for improvement on his angles, especially against backs with elite speed, but he is tackling better and you can just see how confident and comfortable he is getting. He is diagnosing twice as fast as earlier in the season.

I think Hankey establishes himself as one of the better MLB's in the FCS around mid-season next year.
    I’ve noticed this too. He has made progress from game 1. Maybe similar to a young Robbie Grimsley. He is never going to be fast unfortunately, but maybe he can figure out his angles better to be a better run stopper.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    I’ve noticed this too. He has made progress from game 1. Maybe similar to a young Robbie Grimsley. He is never going to be fast unfortunately, but maybe he can figure out his angles better to be a better run stopper.
    Lanes, gap responsibility and leverage. He has improved on that, but he isn’t about to catch anyone.

Compare his performance to UN_ LBs against common opponent Nicholls and you’ll see what I’m getting at. Night and day difference, as in Hankey is way better with comparable speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachFSCB View Post
    JMU Coach Curt Cignetti interview after the Dukes practice today:

https://www.whsv.com/content/sports/...566694831.html
    The last few questions they asked him about NDSU... he rattled off a lot of our statistics, giving us a lot of props, and finishing every statement with, “but, we’ve seen that before...” or “but, we’ll be ready...”
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    The last few questions they asked him about NDSU... he rattled off a lot of our statistics, giving us a lot of props, and finishing every statement with, “but, we’ve seen that before...” or “but, we’ll be ready...”
    This interview didn’t annoy me as much as others I’ve seen. Something about the guy tends to rub me the wrong way. Part of it is the Spack “I’ve coached in the Big10” type-response to questions.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Play with more of an edge? Its the National Championship. What more of an edge does one need????

Plus if one keeps thinking that they were supposedly disrespected while playing then they are doing it wrong. Youve got too much going on out there to think about stuff like that.
    What about in game prep? Does seeing "bulletin board material" help the players focus a little more and/or work a little harder in practice? That's where I would think this type of stuff could have an indirect impact on the game. It's similar to that last Friday practice with all the former players being out there with the current team. I'd think that once the ball is kicked that goes out the window along with any bulletin board material but I find it hard to believe that seeing all those former players/champions there supporting them doesn't resonate strongly with the players the night before and morning of the game sharpening their focus just a little more on the task at hand which in turn puts them in the absolute best position to be successful on game day.

1st Down ball goes to Riley Stapleton
    2nd Down QB is looking at Riley Stapleton
    3rd Down Riley Stapleton

He is the Dukes all season all play offensive weapon, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    1st Down ball goes to Riley Stapleton
    2nd Down QB is looking at Riley Stapleton
    3rd Down Riley Stapleton

He is the Dukes all season all play offensive weapon, I think.
    He was very good against Weber St but Polk has actually been their best WR throughout the year. He's smaller but faster and more elusive than Stapleton is.

Judging from their playoff games D Stapleton is their chain mover on 3rd down. Dinucci looks to him a lot on 3rd and medium... Bison LBs need to be aware of where he's at on those crucial 3rd downs

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    He was very good against Weber St but Polk has actually been their best WR throughout the year. He's smaller but faster and more elusive than Stapleton is.

Judging from their playoff games D Stapleton is their chain mover on 3rd down. Dinucci looks to him a lot on 3rd and medium... Bison LBs need to be aware of where he's at on those crucial 3rd downs
    Don't forget, JMU fans looked and Polk had a faster high school 200 time than Watson. Nevermind that Watson didn't run track his Junior and senior years, and nevermind that you don't run 200 meters at once in football.... It's their speed!!!!