Page 41 of 71 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Default Re: Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    My (or maybe just one of them at this point of my Natty anxieties list) is that Lance gets picked early and gets rattled. He hasn’t been in that position yet, and having it happen in a Natty game could be disastrous.

If it happens, Roehl needs to get him comfortable again by running him and giving him some high percentage throws to get him back in his groove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bull.

Tyler/Entz haven't put Trey in a position like that. Most of Trey's passes have been rollouts and easy hits to backs in flats and wr's in flats. I see alot of this upcoming at Frisco. Look for Ellefson/Gindorf to get a lot of passes in the flat.

Trey will not throw an interception.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I’m really curious how the lines have either been released favoring JMU or have been pushed that way through bets.

Makes me wonder if this was always going to be the case, or how much the team’s uncharacteristic close-ish games vs. Nicholls and ISUr late in the season had an effect at leaning JMUs way.

I would expect lines to more closely track “objective” measures such as Sagarin or Massey, both of which favored NDSU. I believe the Versus model did favor JMU however.

I fully believe JMU is capable of winning on Saturday, but I did not expect to see them sit as the favorite from the get-go.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I hope TR opens up the playbook from the jump. All those youngsters are going to be riding an emotional high...and they’re gonna be juiced. Let the playmakers make plays. Get our speedsters out in space. Mix up the play calls.

Oh yeah, and motion the fuck out of our TE’s and FB’s presnap.

Hell I wouldn’t even be mad if one of our first plays used the entire play clock just motioning dudes around only to launch a bomb to Watson.

This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    My take on Trey, he's unflappable. An INT will only create more focus and determination from him. The force is strong with this one. Also, very reassuring for me to see your anxiety/concern meter rising.
    I agree with this. He is Cool Hand Lance. JMU is counting on Trey getting rattled and making freshman mistakes but that ain't gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    I agree with this. He is Cool Hand Lance. JMU is counting on Trey getting rattled and making freshman mistakes but that ain't gonna happen.
    Pass game will be lethal use it to set up the run. TR gets his wide open game face on Bizun roll

Screw that, let’s run hurry-up goal line formation like we did against JSU. That was the most badass thing I’d ever seen in a championship game. Let’s see how good that front 7 really is.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Screw that, let’s run hurry-up goal line formation like we did against JSU. That was the most badass thing I’d ever seen in a championship game. Let’s see how good that front 7 really is.
    Screw that, I say we go one further and take a page out of the Steve Martin playbook. Lets punt on first down every time we get into the Red Zone just to mess with their (JMU players and coaches) heads.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    I hope TR opens up the playbook from the jump. All those youngsters are going to be riding an emotional high...and they’re gonna be juiced. Let the playmakers make plays. Get our speedsters out in space. Mix up the play calls.

Oh yeah, and motion the fuck out of our TE’s and FB’s presnap.

Hell I wouldn’t even be mad if one of our first plays used the entire play clock just motioning dudes around only to launch a bomb to Watson.

I agree. Allow Lance to do what he does best and that requires a wide open play book.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I agree. Allow Lance to do what he does best and that requires a wide open play book.
    It’s almost like you’re saying we should “Let Lance be Lance”?
    copyright Vet70, all terms apply, yada yada yada.
    Last edited by heffray; 01-05-2020 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Avoiding litigation
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    It’s almost like you’re saying we should “Let Lance be Lance”?
    Be careful, I have copyrighted that phrase.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix