Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Frisco Planning

Default Re: Frisco Planning

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Hutchin's BBQ would be my recommendation. The meat there is a la carte and you can order it in quarter pound portions so you can try 2-4 different kinds depending on how hungry you are. I'd recommend the brisket and the pork ribs (get the "Texas Twinkies" if they have them also). They have a Frisco location as well which is convenient. Rudy's is pretty good BBQ and they're fast like Hutchins but not as good as Hutchins IMO. I've heard Pecan Lodge is very good also but I haven't had the patience or initiative to try it out yet since it's in downtown Dallas.
    Hutchins also does all you can eat for Friday lunch.

For steak---Randys Steak House Frisco and Bobs Chop House. Pappas is really good but pretty expensive.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I recall the Tender Smokehouse in Celina was voted by Yelp users as the 2nd best restaurant in the country in January of this year.

Looking at their menu they look pretty similar to Hutchins... makes my mouth water just looking at it:

Ate at the Frisco location this summer. Was super average to below average and mostly disappointing given the hype from that Yelp rating.

We tried a variety of meats and sides and nothing was better than anything we’ve tried at Hutchins.

Perhaps the Celina location is better. Both my guest and I declared that we wouldn’t go back with Hutchins just up the road.

I wouldn’t even put it in the same category as Hutchins, Hard 8, or Pecan Lodge.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    I enjoy Hutchins. I order separate items while another in our group who is a big eater gets the all you can eat. It was $23 and I know he more than got his money’s worth. And of course the banana pudding and peach cobbler bar...
    The last time we ate at Rudy’s it was dry and over done. I was surprised
    One year, someone recommended Kenny’s in the Legacy. It was like eating bbq at HoDo or Maxwells. Nice place but not really ‘Texas’
    We also ate at a place called Red Hot and Blue. Didn’t have a Texas feel, but food was good.
    Red Hot and Blue is a small chain. There is one in Joplin, Mo. OK, but certainly not Texas BBQ. (For the record, OKlahoma BBQ is equal or better than most TX BBQ). Texas BBQ tends to be too fatty for my tastes.

Our group has also eaten at Lockharts BBQ in Plano a couple of times after the game. Good taste, but a bit too moist from fat. The fat needs to render out a bit more. It is a small place but fun.

I would never put stock in anything on Yelp related to food offerings.

I have been dining at five star/ Beard award restaurants for decades. I have never used nor posted on Yelp. Neither have any of my fellow diners.

You know who does though? Peeps who have never been to a five star.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post

I have been dining at five star/ Beard award restaurants for decades. I have never used nor posted on Yelp. Neither have any of my fellow diners.

Yelp and Travel Advisor are good for finding better than average restaurants and for avoiding the really poor ones when in a new/unfamiliar area. One still needs to take the information with a grain of salt as they say. I use both to find interesting places to eat or avoid when traveling. Five star restaurants are not Yelp fodder for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Going to Frisco for the 1st time this year. We have tickets, hotel, and flights.
    We cannot leave until Friday afternoon so we get in to Dallas about 9:30pm Friday.
    How late do fans stay at the pepfest? Where do Bison Fans go after the pepfest?
    Where should we start on Saturday morning?
    Where will Bison Fans be after the game?
    Thanks!
    Been to Frisco every year. Get to tailgate early and don't miss the player walk!!!
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post

There's a 5 star bbq joint?

Quote Originally Posted by tke View Post
    There's a 5 star bbq joint?
    Seriously doubt it. That was my point. Some yutz was apparently chirping on Yelp that a BBQ joint in TX was the second best restaurant in the country. That implies it’s a five star. Ummmmmmm, no.

Unless we are going to use some ridiculously aberrant rating system. Then? Still no. Love my BBQ but these places are “ Diners, drive ins and dives”, not ranked restaurants.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Which hotel is the team hotel? Local media says JMU staying at the Omni and having their pep fest at the Star, but I could’ve swore I heard somewhere that NDSU was staying at the Omni (maybe here).