Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Frisco Planning

Default Re: Frisco Planning

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Going to Frisco for the 1st time this year. We have tickets, hotel, and flights.
    We cannot leave until Friday afternoon so we get in to Dallas about 9:30pm Friday.
    How late do fans stay at the pepfest? Where do Bison Fans go after the pepfest?
    Where should we start on Saturday morning?
    Where will Bison Fans be after the game?
    Thanks!
    The shops at Legacy in Plano has the largest number of fans but yeah any bar in Frisco or Plano will have Bison fans
    I advise getting to tailgate by 7. You will get a good parking spot and be able to watch the team walk up at 8am.
    Saturday is same ass Friday except there are plenty of people back in the tailgate lot

Recommendations, please:

Best Texas BBQ experience near Frisco/Plano/Garland (and what should a BBQ rookie order?)

Best Steakhouse?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    Recommendations, please:

Best Texas BBQ experience near Frisco/Plano/Garland (and what should a BBQ rookie order?)

Best Steakhouse?

Thanks!
    Hutchin's BBQ would be my recommendation. The meat there is a la carte and you can order it in quarter pound portions so you can try 2-4 different kinds depending on how hungry you are. I'd recommend the brisket and the pork ribs (get the "Texas Twinkies" if they have them also). They have a Frisco location as well which is convenient. Rudy's is pretty good BBQ and they're fast like Hutchins but not as good as Hutchins IMO. I've heard Pecan Lodge is very good also but I haven't had the patience or initiative to try it out yet since it's in downtown Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Hutchin's BBQ would be my recommendation. The meat there is a la carte and you can order it in quarter pound portions so you can try 2-4 different kinds depending on how hungry you are. I'd recommend the brisket and the pork ribs (get the "Texas Twinkies" if they have them also). They have a Frisco location as well which is convenient. Rudy's is pretty good BBQ and they're fast like Hutchins but not as good as Hutchins IMO. I've heard Pecan Lodge is very good also but I haven't had the patience or initiative to try it out yet since it's in downtown Dallas.
    Rudys is always my spot right after the game to get my fill before I go back out for some more beer in the lot. It hits the spot perfectly.

Also would like a recommendation on a good Texas steakhouse.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I enjoy Hutchins. I order separate items while another in our group who is a big eater gets the all you can eat. It was $23 and I know he more than got his money’s worth. And of course the banana pudding and peach cobbler bar...
    The last time we ate at Rudy’s it was dry and over done. I was surprised
    One year, someone recommended Kenny’s in the Legacy. It was like eating bbq at HoDo or Maxwells. Nice place but not really ‘Texas’
    We also ate at a place called Red Hot and Blue. Didn’t have a Texas feel, but food was good.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Rudy’s to me is like Dickeys. Only go there if you have no other BBQ options.

Hutchins, Pecan Lodge and Hard Eight are all great. But I’m excited to try Tender Smokehouse. Believe it’s owned by Tori Hunter and their Celina location has had great reviews. They now have a Frisco Location.
    Randy Whites was my favorite but they closed a few years ago

I qualified my statement. Rudy's hits the spot after I've been in the stadium for 3 hours and not getting out of the parking lot anytime soon.

Do not go there as your only BBQ experience.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Rudy’s to me is like Dickeys. Only go there if you have no other BBQ options.

Hutchins, Pecan Lodge and Hard Eight are all great. But I’m excited to try Tender Smokehouse. Believe it’s owned by Tori Hunter and their Celina location has had great reviews. They now have a Frisco Location.
    Randy Whites was my favorite but they closed a few years ago
    That is the place we were told to go last year but did not have time to make it there. I plan on it this trip. Thursday night or Friday for lunch.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    That is the place we were told to go last year but did not have time to make it there. I plan on it this trip. Thursday night or Friday for lunch.
    Yeah I wanted to hit it up also but Celina was just too much driving so I’m happy they have a Frisco location now. And after further research Hunter is an investor not the owner

I recall the Tender Smokehouse in Celina was voted by Yelp users as the 2nd best restaurant in the country in January of this year.

Looking at their menu they look pretty similar to Hutchins... makes my mouth water just looking at it: