Thread: Semi-Final #2: JMU-Weber

Default Re: Semi-Final #2: JMU-Weber

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    bahahaha ...
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    Yeah, it's one continuous penis-measuring contest here where insecurity reigns.
    amen... and we dont buy Extenze
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    Streamers really pissed me off today. Wife put them up for kids bday party yesterday and the aftermath spent cleaning them up today. Just say no to streamers. On the plus side, They were Bison colored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You dakine?

You don't sound like you use toilet paper?
    I do, actually... after each and every hot and juicy Dinucci I drop in the toilet. (Or as I like to call it, "Making an FBS transfer into the crapper.")

Yeah, it's one continuous penis-measuring contest here where insecurity reigns.
    You've attended plenty of these contests in Harrisonburg, have you? Enough to know the ins and outs of such competitions?

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Semi-Final #2: JMU-Weber

You dakine?
    Ya bruddah. We love smokin dem local grindz. Got some pua’a on da cooka.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing got dumped! JMU is a VERY popular school. I recall one year we could accept only 3,500 freshmen out of 23,000 applications.

Why are you so butthurt by JMU's popularity? Kids want to go to school there and are willing to pay for it.

Our quarterback, Ben DiNucci, was the starter at P5 Pitt but wanted to go to JMU so bad he paid his own way because there wasn't a scholarship available for him. He then walked onto the team, won the starting job, and then a scholarship.
    Hey guys it's "Purple" from the Dookie board!!!

This guy is hilarious.

BTW. Nice FBS QB transfer story. We have one too but when our's got beat out for the starting spot at his P5 school, he came to NDSU as our BACKUP.

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Nothing got dumped! JMU is a VERY popular school. I recall one year we could accept only 3,500 freshmen out of 23,000 applications.

Why are you so butthurt by JMU's popularity? Kids want to go to school there and are willing to pay for it.

Our quarterback, Ben DiNucci, was the starter at P5 Pitt but wanted to go to JMU so bad he paid his own way because there wasn't a scholarship available for him. He then walked onto the team, won the starting job, and then a scholarship.
    Those are misleading numbers. There is something called the Common Data Set (if you have a high school student looking at colleges I highly recommend using this resource). For 2018-19, JMU had 23k students apply with 16.4k getting accepted. That's a 71% acceptance rate which isn't crazy high but not too competitive. Only 4500 of those enrolled though (yield of 28%). So your acceptance number is likely the enrollment number. Those numbers definitely indicate a large number of applications are using JMU as a safety school, but it's still a very good, well regarded regional university.

NDSU on the other hand had 5600 applications in 2018 with 5200 getting accepted (93%) and 2300 enrolling (44% yield). For those who apply to NDSU, many are primary choice. It's basically open enrollment with very few not getting accepted.

The caliber of incoming freshman are similar but JMU is slightly higher. The 75th percentile (top 25% of class) had a 1290 SAT and 28 ACT. NDSU was 1275 and 26 respectively.

UVa by comparison had 32k applications but only a 26% acceptance rate making it VERY competitive. Their yield is 39% which is good. Their 75th percentile test scores though are 1500 and 34 though so the caliber of incoming freshman is very high, especially for a public school. I was surprised their undergraduate enrollment was only 17k. That's small for a major state university.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by IndyBison; 12-23-2019 at 02:07 PM.

So, you’re saying Ben DiNucci is an idiot?
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    NDSU on the other hand had 5600 applications in 2018 with 5200 getting accepted (98%)...
    Not a huge difference but shouldn't that be ~93%?

Good post, thanks!
    How the great high-arching heaven
    Looks and laughs upon it all!