Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: MSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: MSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    reins - what a driver holds on to for control of an animal that may be drove or ridden by the driver.

If we're going to get picky! Don't necessarily have to be riding said animal.

[emoji3]

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    Actually....if you are driving, say a team of horses/mules/oxen whatever....they're considered "lines"
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Actually....if you are driving, say a team of horses/mules/oxen whatever....they're considered "lines"
    Pffft—like you didn’t have to google that ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Pffft—like you didn’t have to google that ...

You caught me CAS.....Purple
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I hear you, but I'll bet most officials wouldn't have been in the position they're supposed to be at the end of that play. It was such a sudden burst and I'm not sure 35 yards cushion would be enough with #1.
    They would be a lot closer. He wasn't close on any of them. I rewatched the Watson run and Williams catch. He was passed at the 20 on the Watson run and next to the Williams when he caught his pass. On the latter he needs a 10-15 yard cushion when the ball is caught. He's got a bad angle to rule on any potential contact.

I guarantee he was grilled by his crew and downgraded for being out of position. That's important because of there's a tackle on a run like this on the goal line and he's not there he's going to be guessing on the spot. Positioning and mechanics are where great officials separate themselves from excellent officials. Just because you are out of position doesn't mean you missed anything, but do it enough and you eventually will.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

16-0 in 2019.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    16-0 in 2019.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate an FCS program has never recorded 16 wins in a calendar year previously.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate an FCS program has never recorded 16 wins in a calendar year previously.
    That seems pretty likely.

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    No college football team in the modern era has done it. From what I can find the last team to do it was Chicago U (coached by Amos Alonzo Stagg) in 1899 and they played 4-6 games against high school teams: https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...-schedule.html

Yale also did it 1889 and 1894 but in both years they played some club teams.

A win in Frisco would cap a truly historic season for the Bison if they can get it done.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Just to cement the fact that the transition from Klieman to Entz is complete not a single person on the coaching staff saw a fake punt happening despite many fans warning them. Nice to know they are as oblivious to the special teams fake as their predecessors were.
    What are you talking about? We had our base defense on the field.

Another factoid I heard recently was that in the first 35 years of existence for the FCS/D1AA from 1978-2012 there were 2 (playoff eligible) teams that put together undefeated seasons. Georgia Southern in 1989 and Marshall in 1996. NDSU is on the verge of doing it for the 3rd time in the last 7 seasons by themselves.

EDIT: I see that Eastern Kentucky went 13-0 and won the national title in 1982 so I guess I heard wrong and it's happened 3 times before NDSU in 2013.