Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Early Signing Day 2019

Default Re: Early Signing Day 2019

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Any thoughts on Benson? That Hillsboro team was pretty good this year.
    He has been a big part of the team last 3 years. They won state championship against LEM in Division A in 2017, lost to LEM by 2 points in 2018 and won Division AA this year handily. The closest they came to losing was to Devils Lake in OT. The field was soggy from all rain we got end of Sept and early Oct, and it was kind of a damp day too I think?? but not really sure what happened that day. So in 3 years HCV has lost one game by 2 points in the state championship in 2018.

Benson himself I think he'll need a year under Kramer to get some beef added to him to play LB in the MVFC but might see him for the 2-4 games that they can play in now without losing redshirt. He played RB and OLB in HS and all games I watched he was the best athlete on the field. Far as I know and see he's a good kid, take that with a grain of salt as I don't know him that well, but do see him around at other events around town with his mom and step dad helping out, and his dad showed up to most of his football games that I was at. Assuming he'll play basketball again this year. Last year he was the 6th man off the bench and can tell bball isn't his forte but he makes up for it with his athleticism. With Henningsgard, Benson, Reed all back this year on bball HCV will give teams a run for their money for the state championship. HCV just barely lost to Thompson, who won state pretty easily last year if my memory serves correct, in the regional championship.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    So, rather than opinion why don’t you do analysis by position over the last five years to prove it is smaller and lighter. Data mean something, opinions, mine or yours, mean shit.
    Just open your eyes man! I'll give you a couple examples to get you started: Look at the the 2 LB's so far...both are at around a buck 180. That's not a little light to you?? When in the past they were usually at 200 or more. Also a lot of 6'2/3" DT's and ends lately with one at 5'11", how about a 6'1" OLineman? Or corners coming in at 5'10", A 6'1" QB, another 5'8" receiver....and this is just this class so far, not counting last year's below avg size.
    Now what are their real measurements going to be when they get to school? Usually they drop by an inch or so and a few pounds.

These are just simple observations...if you have paid even a little attention in the past with recruits, you wouldn't need to research anything. My analysis was already done by doing just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It is? I guess I must frequent the wrong parts of Bisonville then.

It is remarkable how evenly these two phrases are posted here:
    1) Everyone is always negative here and criticizes everything... if you try to be positive you're labeled a sunshine pumper (or insert a more colorful phrase there).
    2) Everyone always has to be positive here and can't criticize anything... if you do then you're labeled an idiot (or insert a more colorful phrase here).

For every time someone says something resembling #1 there will be someone else saying something resembling #2. It's an interesting case study in how we tune out those who agree with us and focus on those who don't.
    The difference is the two types of people. There are the ones who can sit back and let people post without confrontation, or in rare cases, respond in an amicable way...and the other being snarky or condescending.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well, until this year when there was a team composed entirely of Klieman recruits I had the same feeling. The class that graduated last year was LARGELY composed of young men recruited by the previous coaching staff and saved by Klieman, but I don’t consider that his class.

The current team is composed of his recruits and I think they are pretty good. Until this year we really had no concrete idea how good Klieman and his staff were in recruiting, we only had a sprinkling of a concept. Quite frankly, your opinion of this class and mine doesn’t mean shit for about three years. So relax, nobody’s opinion of this class means shit.
    Wasn't Entz one of the recruiting coaches under Klieman? Who did Entz recruit under Klieman and are they still on the team or contributing the this year's football play?
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Luke Weertz was one for sure.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Another thing to keep in mind is that they signed 16 scholarship players today and they only have 14 seniors on the roster this year. They have a few extra schollies to play with that are freed up by Dwyer and Brock Robbins (maybe others that I'm forgetting) but I'm guessing they're looking at a handful more scholarship guys in the February signing period so a lot of these guys are probably on partials.

In case anyone is interested in the breakdown between the 16 scholarship guys and the 8 PWOs signed today scroll down to the bottom of this page: https://gobison.com/news/2019/12/18/...gning-day.aspx

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Just open your eyes man! I'll give you a couple examples to get you started: Look at the the 2 LB's so far...both are at around a buck 180. That's not a little light to you?? When in the past they were usually at 200 or more. Also a lot of 6'2/3" DT's and ends lately with one at 5'11", how about a 6'1" OLineman? Or corners coming in at 5'10", A 6'1" QB, another 5'8" receiver....and this is just this class so far, not counting last year's below avg size.
    Now what are their real measurements going to be when they get to school? Usually they drop by an inch or so and a few pounds.

These are just simple observations...if you have paid even a little attention in the past with recruits, you wouldn't need to research anything. My analysis was already done by doing just that.

The difference is the two types of people. There are the ones who can sit back and let people post without confrontation, or in rare cases, respond in an amicable way...and the other being snarky or condescending.
    Not interested in your cherry picking. Do an analysis over the years and prove your hypothesis. Treat each year as a replication. If you can’t prove it, your cherry picking opinion is not worth much.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    Wasn't Entz one of the recruiting coaches under Klieman? Who did Entz recruit under Klieman and are they still on the team or contributing the this year's football play?
    Yes. But who is the lead guy? To me this team is totally Klieman’s, something he didn’t have the luxury of having. I think the only way to actually determine how good a recruiter a HC is to look at their classes over time. Bohl sucked at first given the teams of his first recruits sucked shit through a straw, but he figured it out, and ended up to be damn good. Obviously Klieman and his staff were very good. It’s too damn early to say that Entz’s recruits are too small, which implies not good simply because someone says they’re not impressed.

Not interested in your cherry picking. Do an analysis over the years and prove your hypothesis. Treat each year as a replication. If you can’t prove it, your cherry picking opinion is not worth much.
    Sounds like someone is ready for a LILLE Jule Aften

My early high grades for this class:
    Tyson Gordon
    Dominic Gonnella
    Loshiaka Roques
    Nolan Jacobs
    Seth Anderson
    Cole Wisniewski
    Marques Sigle
    Joe Deyak
    Tyler Terhark

I think this class feels underwhelming to some because we don't have the signature P5 player or two. From watching all the HUDL films I still think we landed a lot of really solid to great players at nearly every position. The only position groups that I felt were missing an obvious stud were OL and TE and I don't plan on doubting the Bison on their ability to develop OL and TE.
    Rixen

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    My early high grades for this class:
    Tyson Gordon
    Dominic Gonnella
    Loshiaka Roques
    Nolan Jacobs
    Seth Anderson
    Cole Wisniewski
    Marques Sigle
    Joe Deyak
    Tyler Terhark

I think this class feels underwhelming to some because we don't have the signature P5 player or two. From watching all the HUDL films I still think we landed a lot of really solid to great players at nearly every position. The only position groups that I felt were missing an obvious stud were OL and TE and I don't plan on doubting the Bison on their ability to develop OL and TE.
    No T.K. Marshall? TE Joe Stoffel is very highly rated.