Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Early Signing Day 2019

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Early Signing Day 2019

So who’s the big get from this class?

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    I'll be honest on a fan board. Other than Tk Marshall and a couple lineman...I'm not impressed at all with this class so far. They seem to be getting smaller and lighter, and honestly, I don't like it.
    I think Stoeffel and Shaka are pretty darn inpressive. I also wpuld not underestimate Benson. I’m not sure why the expectation is to recruit protptype size guys. We have basically never done that.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    I think Stoeffel and Shaka are pretty darn inpressive. I also wpuld not underestimate Benson. I’m not sure why the expectation is to recruit protptype size guys. We have basically never done that.
    In recent years we have but we develop skinny guys into Thor.

But you are correct we have a history of moving fast undersized safeties to linebackers or tall fast high school DEs into DTs

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    I would say Stoeffel, TK Marshall, and personally I really like Raja Nelson. Signing day gets me excited for the future every year, what kid is gonna be the next freshman phenom? the next Joe Haeg? all those thoughts are fun to entertain.

Coach Entz says NDSU only offers 50 or so kids.... other schools do 150-200 , we want a NDSU offer to mean something and profile the right kids
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Well, until this year when there was a team composed entirely of Klieman recruits I had the same feeling. The class that graduated last year was LARGELY composed of young men recruited by the previous coaching staff and saved by Klieman, but I don’t consider that his class.

The current team is composed of his recruits and I think they are pretty good. Until this year we really had no concrete idea how good Klieman and his staff were in recruiting, we only had a sprinkling of a concept. Quite frankly, your opinion of this class and mine doesn’t mean shit for about three years. So relax, nobody’s opinion of this class means shit.
    Never said my opinion means shit...it's an opinion just as you stated. It's a fan board. I think some on here forget that sometimes. And in three years this may turn out to be the best class of all time, who knows, but I can make an obvious observation and tell you what I think...or can I?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We lack the next 6-4 or 6-5 Defensive end. Although Seth Anderson now says 6-5, which means he's probably 6-4 which is prototyical.

But outside of Zabel, Miller, and Anderson, it isn't loaded in size. Losing the 6-4 DE to K State makes it even less impressive.
    This class is smaller when you think of the high school/recruiting sizes...and yes losing Anudike made this class less appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    If they were prototypical size they probably wouldn't be coming to NDSU. A lot of these DL, OL, TE, and LB commits are going to be expected to put on 30-60 lbs of good weight in order to become contributors. I don't think that's any different from past classes.
    We've had prototypical sizes in the past and still do, they just come in a little lighter and then Kramer works his magic, but this class is coming in even lighter than that. And that is all I'm saying here. Nothing more. Again, take into account recruiting sizes vs actual size...I think there is a case to be made this class is a bit smaller than previous ones...in fact, the last 2 classes have been a bit smaller.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Coach Entz says NDSU only offers 50 or so kids.... other schools do 150-200 , we want a NDSU offer to mean something and profile the right kids
    AMEN to that comment!! If someone flips late...have backup guys ready to go

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Never said my opinion means shit...it's an opinion just as you stated. It's a fan board. I think some on here forget that sometimes. And in three years this may turn out to be the best class of all time, who knows, but I can make an obvious observation and tell you what I think...or can I?
    No. You can never say anything negative about the players, coaches or the program. If you do, according to some here, you aren't a real fan. It's all sunshine and roses in Bisonville.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Mason Miller will be stud after Kramer helps turn him into Thor. Zabel has the good frame. Shaka will be undersized but quick as a cat. Anderson will be a great DT or DE. After that it's the skilled guys, who I have a tougher time judging because they can be smaller and still be studs. I look to the O and D lines first

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

#1 Great character guys---we recruit the "RIGHT" type of athletes

#2 TEAM GUYS---noone is more important than another guy

#3 DEVELOPMENT--we develop players all the time---it's very difficult to judge how much a recruit can improve; that's what makes "RANKINGS" in recruiting classes not important---

GO BISON

*** All players have potential----its about how much each guy wants to reach their potential