Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Montana State GDT

Default Re: Montana State GDT

I don’t know what the pep band was having last night, but they were sure fun.
    I can’t imagine a bb game without them.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    I don’t know what the pep band was having last night, but they were sure fun.
    I can’t imagine a bb game without them.
    Well, the band does a certain cheer every time the opponent gets a travelling call. MSU got four such calls in the first five minutes of the game.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Well, the band does a certain cheer every time the opponent gets a travelling call. MSU got four such calls in the first five minutes of the game.
    Didn’t you think they were wound up more last night? They make things fun and I sure appreciate them
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Didn’t you think they were wound up more last night? They make things fun and I sure appreciate them
    They seemed to have a meet and greet up in the stands before they started, and then sat higher up than normal. Perhaps to make it louder. Definitely were good as always.

Moved my seats closer to the band. Sat closer to them at Scheels arena and missed it in the SHAC. They bring the energy and make it fun.

how in the F did NDSU basketball have 1000-1500 Students at the BSA and cant get 100-150 at the SHAC. its perplexing as hell
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    how in the F did NDSU basketball have 1000-1500 Students at the BSA and cant get 100-150 at the SHAC. its perplexing as hell
    See student football attendance. This generation of students just doesn't attend sporting events. A rowdy student section would make games so much more fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    See student football attendance. This generation of students just doesn't attend sporting events. A rowdy student section would make games so much more fun though.
    It's too bad. Talk to any AD in the SL and they will tell you that one of the biggest challenges is student engagement. USD's new Associate AD has literally made it his mission to restore the Coyote Crazies because they just don't come to games. TV coverage, 50" 4K TVs, and a comfortable couch make it too easy to stay home.

On a positive note, the "Dave Richman ruined NDSU/Stole my Christmas Presents/Burned Down the Turf/Caused my Divorce thread has fallen all the way down to #4 in the que. That's a win for the program.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    It's really sad to see how far the student engagement has dropped in the past 5 years for everything, not just basketball. When I was at NDSU, we had leaders among the student body that would recruit others to come to games. And when at the games, there were leaders that would direct the student sections in chants and when to cheer (Other than hired "Yell Leaders"). It made attending events fun, which in turn led to more students wanting to show up.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    It's really sad to see how far the student engagement has dropped in the past 5 years for everything, not just basketball. When I was at NDSU, we had leaders among the student body that would recruit others to come to games. And when at the games, there were leaders that would direct the student sections in chants and when to cheer (Other than hired "Yell Leaders"). It made attending events fun, which in turn led to more students wanting to show up.
    Yeah I just don't get it, 13,000 undergrad students, 2,200 or so of which are freshman on campus, how we can't get at least 500 students to every game perplexes me. It's free, it's an activity to do with friends and it can be as fun as you make it. I had a blast going to games while I was in college for the same reasons as above.