Page 108 of 111 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1108

Thread: 2019 Semifinals: NDSU v Montana State

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2019 Semifinals: NDSU v Montana State

If Montana State score more than 20 tomorrow we lose. If ndsu scores 2 tds in the first 3 possessions it’s a blow out. Those are 2 things I’d take to the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Here’s my deal with this year’s team: lots of talk about being a power run O, but we really aren’t. We have not really established an identity on offense. It’s moreso trying to take what D is giving us rather than us dictating what we are going to do. We haven’t really forced our will on teams this year. IOW, our O philosophy is softer compared to our other Natty runs. Subtle, but the difference is there for me anyway. We don’t dominate and wear teams out anymore. We’ve slowly, and perhaps without coaches even seeing it, moved away from who we were and what propelled us to this success.

I won’t be surprised by a loss tomorrow given the above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I noticed in a few games and last game when teams stacked the box on us we had guys cross blocking instead of just manning up one on one. That fancy shit and patty cake dont make it in the trenches when the dline is pinching down or bull rushing.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by minnesotabobcat View Post
    Finally took the time to watch NDSU v ISU. Bison will roll for sure tomorrow....right into the offseason.
    We'll know who is right soon enough. Let's hope the refs are better than those in both of our games last week.
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I am curious to know if you made any predictions last year.
    There was some equally annoying kitty around last year as I recall. Kept jabbering on about what a phenomenal talent Troy Andersen was and the likes of which we had never seen blah, blah, blah. Don’t think it was seen or heard from post game however.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    We'll know who is right soon enough. Let's hope the refs are better than those in both of our games last week.
    Better refs would be a good thing.....that was brutal last week!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    There was some equally annoying kitty around last year as I recall. Kept jabbering on about what a phenomenal talent Troy Andersen was and the likes of which we had never seen blah, blah, blah. Don’t think it was seen or heard from post game however.
    Well....Troy Andersen is a phenomenal player....so there’s that.

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Charlie, what should we do. We have so many explosive weapons. And yes, FCS is down this year. I don't disagree with your point, but we take what teams are giving us. We play like shit and win by three scores, with the exception of last week, which I view as an anomaly.
    But the Bison really don't take what teams are giving them. ISUr gave NDSU the backside reverse or bootleg all game. The backside D-ends didn't give a crap about backside contain and the Bison O Coaches never took advantage of it once. I just don't see, and especially during the last two games, any adjustments being made on offense. And it is concerning that if the O is stalled and the defense doesn't play lights out, I haven't seen anything all year that would give me the confidence that the coaching on O could jump start the offense.

And there we have it. The nail in the coffin. The token CAS downplaying the Bison. No way we lose now. Surprised it took this long, but always knew he would have to do it. No wonder he is still a pledge at The Horny Bison.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Here’s my deal with this year’s team: lots of talk about being a power run O, but we really aren’t. We have not really established an identity on offense. It’s moreso trying to take what D is giving us rather than us dictating what we are going to do. We haven’t really forced our will on teams this year. IOW, our O philosophy is softer compared to our other Natty runs. Subtle, but the difference is there for me anyway. We don’t dominate and wear teams out anymore. We’ve slowly, and perhaps without coaches even seeing it, moved away from who we were and what propelled us to this success.

I respectfully disagree. It sure seems like we score a lot of points in the 4th, and I attribute that to superior conditioning and physical play. I'd call our offense a smashmouth spread, the same offense JMU used to beat us in '16.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    But the Bison really don't take what teams are giving them. ISUr gave NDSU the backside reverse or bootleg all game. The backside D-ends didn't give a crap about backside contain and the Bison O Coaches never took advantage of it once. I just don't see, and especially during the last two games, any adjustments being made on offense. And it is concerning that if the O is stalled and the defense doesn't play lights out, I haven't seen anything all year that would give me the confidence that the coaching on O could jump start the offense.
    So you're saying the offense that had the most efficient regular season of any Bison offense in the D1 era got there on sheer luck that their game plans were just that good going into all those games so they didn't have to make adjustments?

For all the "woe is us" talk when it comes to the Bison offense they're still averaging 37.6 points and 473 total yards per game. Both are top 10 in the FCS and the only reason they're not higher than that is because of the generally methodical pace they've operated at. Their 7.27 yards per play are tops in the FCS this year. They played like garbage in the 2nd half last week but that's been an anomaly on the year... they're very much due for a "positive regression" from that.