Page 83 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Semifinals: NDSU v Montana State

Default Re: 2019 Semifinals: NDSU v Montana State

Quote Originally Posted by minnesotabobcat View Post
    Nicholl's and Southern Illinois must have had really tough defenses too. It's not one game....it's a 3 game trend.
    not only that, but did you see how well Nicholls was running the ball between the tackles against this 30th ranked rush defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    That is a good question considering they were the beneficiary of this phantom PI call last week: https://youtu.be/DvZ9azwDArM?t=18m44s
    I didn't even have to watch the clip...I knew what you were talking about Clearly...the Austin Peay player didn't get out of the way as the MSU receiver ran him over......

Quote Originally Posted by BiZon22 View Post
    Yes, continue to move the goal posts to fit your narrative.
    You coach hasn't built anything, he has contributed to maintaining what was already there

Nicholl's and Southern Illinois must have had really tough defenses too. It's not one game....it's a 3 game trend.
    Do you realize that opponents were outscored 67 to 23 during that "3 game trend"?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    That is a good question considering they were the beneficiary of this phantom PI call last week: https://youtu.be/DvZ9azwDArM?t=18m44s
    OPI.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I didn't even have to watch the clip...I knew what you were talking about Clearly...the Austin Peay player didn't get out of the way as the MSU receiver ran him over......
    TV view doesn't show it all, DB was 3 yards to the receivers left, when the receiver looks back (when the ball was thrown) the DB cuts across in front of the receiver and impeded him. It was an obvious PI call if you could see the whole thing. Notice that there was absolutely no hesitation on throwing the flag, he was reaching for it before the ball hit the ground

Quote Originally Posted by cats2506 View Post
    not only that, but did you see how well Nicholls was running the ball between the tackles against this 30th ranked rush defense.
    Where does NDSU rank in total and scoring defense? Asking for a friend.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by cats2506 View Post
    YSU ran the ball well too (43 for 173)… they lost by 39 points. WIU ran the ball 36 times for 169 and lost by 36 points. South Dakota ran the ball 45 times for 172 and lost by 35 points. Nicholls ran for 41 times for 171 and lost by 24.

The Bison defense has been stubborn all year with their refusal to come out of their two deep shell but you can't argue with the results on the scoreboard. Montana St can go ahead and put up 40 rushes for 160-180 yards in this game but if the Bison defense holds true to form that won't equate to more than 13-20 points on the scoreboard and that's not going to be enough to win.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    And yet, deep down in there where only the players can go, your team is still that very same one who laid a turd down to the weak sisters of the poor. On Saturday when they get their shit punched in they will lay down and whither, just like last year.

OTOH, our team is the one who stood on the field and absorbed the very best that ISUr could throw at them, and yet prevailed. Yes I know that ISUr was uni-dimensional on offense. But their single dimension consisted of an NFL bound running back. Do you have one of those? I thought not.

Every Saturday is different but I would guess that if your team was on the Fargodome turf last Saturday the Bison would have tallied far more than 9 and yielded less than 3. Why? Because even with their arms tied behind their backs ISUr > Mt St.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    So Austin Peay just came in to Bozeman and didn't give everything they had because they were sick of the travel??!

Also...our running back Infanse is only a sophomore so he can't go to the NFL next year...But I wouldn't be surprised if he does when he is eligible. Watch his 3rd and 18 run and tell me you wouldn't want him on your team with a straight face. He's been injured most of the season, so you may not have heard of him. Also, if Andersen is healthy...that would give us 2 NFL caliber backs. We've also got Logan Jones and several others who have had big games Bottom line...I'd put our stable of backs up against any other team in the country.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Illinois State's quarterback couldn't hit water if he was throwing from a boat and you think Austin Peay was the worst Quarterfinal team?? Plus, be honest with yourself, that was a lateral...and NDSU is lucky to still be in the hunt. Most of your fanbase was complaining that the bison aren't playing with bravado and confidence...so it must be going around.
    Yes, even devoid a QB capable of completing a forward pass they are better than Peay. They would dominate in the trenches and defensively. I believe it would look very similar to the UCA game. If you look at post game comments Indy does an excellent job of describing the way a forward or backwards pass is called by officials. Lateral is a made up term by announcers according to him.