Page 32 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Semifinals: NDSU v Montana State

Default Re: 2019 Semifinals: NDSU v Montana State

Quote Originally Posted by Counter Assault View Post
    I think at face value, your comments regarding this perceived "streak" are accurate. I wouldn't call it a streak to begin with myself. However, when you dig deeper into the performance of the Cats as the season went along, I think you would give MSU more credit than you are giving. Frankly, I hope that is how the Bison are thinking as well. The Cats played most of the regular season without several starters, including our star running back Isaiah Ifanse. He is approaching 1,000 yards on the year and didn't play in 5 games. The Cats also played offense most of the year rotating through 3-4 quarterback packages. Since the close and fluky loss to UND, the Cats have gotten better each week. We have returned several defensive starters and Ifanse on offense. Most importantly, Tucker Rovig has found his stride. We have moved away from multiple QB packages to mainly one and pounding the rock with Ifanse. Lastly, the Cats defense is in the upper quartile on MANY attributes including scoring and total defense. They played on FIRE in the last two playoff games, which were, admittedly, helped by 14-17K fans at home.

Also, associating what our fans say and what our players think is fucking stupid logic that damn near everyone says. Figure out something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Counter Assault View Post
    I think at face value, your comments regarding this perceived "streak" are accurate. I wouldn't call it a streak to begin with myself. However, when you dig deeper into the performance of the Cats as the season went along, I think you would give MSU more credit than you are giving. Frankly, I hope that is how the Bison are thinking as well. The Cats played most of the regular season without several starters, including our star running back Isaiah Ifanse. He is approaching 1,000 yards on the year and didn't play in 5 games. The Cats also played offense most of the year rotating through 3-4 quarterback packages. Since the close and fluky loss to UND, the Cats have gotten better each week. We have returned several defensive starters and Ifanse on offense. Most importantly, Tucker Rovig has found his stride. We have moved away from multiple QB packages to mainly one and pounding the rock with Ifanse. Lastly, the Cats defense is in the upper quartile on MANY attributes including scoring and total defense. They played on FIRE in the last two playoff games, which were, admittedly, helped by 14-17K fans at home.
    what in the pissflap is a Quartile?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    OUR little brother. You are UM's little brother.
    That is my bad, I thought you were mixing up who Montana and MSU were. F*ck me, the Bobcat fan yeah yeah yeah. Bring it. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    what in the pissflap is a Quartile?
    dude, seriously. did you attend Missoula County Community college?

Only way the bobkittens win is if Beth Dutton is put in charge.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I don't get that comment either. The whole second have were runs right up the gut. Not sure what we were putting on Trey's plate but the calls needed to be better coming from the OC first and foremost!
    Run checks are usually predetermined pre-game based on defensive alignment or pre-snap pressure looks. That could have been one of the issues. Trey either wasnt reading the defense correctly, wasnt checking to the correct runs, or they were giving him looks he hadnt prepared for.

The alternative to that is that run checks can be incorporated into the actual play call. Not exactly like an RPO because those decisions are usually made while the play is unfolding, but the same concept. Based on defensive alignment they'll call the play or protection a certain direction...or they'll have two play calls in one and the QB will call whichever play they schemed against a certain defensive front...generally a down and distance and tendency based thing.

Hopefully this week things are simpler. Ride the horse that got us here. Get the ball to our athletes in space...whether thats on the ground or through the air. The Bobcats are going to expect us to be in 22 and 12 personal and run A gap power. They're going to be working on those fits all week. They dont see that shit in the BSC. So at the end of the day we need to loosen their 8-9 man box by getting the quick game involved right away and getting Kobe and Ty on the edge. Also would be nice to see us try to throw a little bit out of our heavy packages and run out of our light packages. If we're in 10 or 11 personnel, the defense has to do the same thing ours does that drives us crazy...it gets guys out of the box. And if they intend on hanging in the box then we need to expose them by hitting our slot guys and letting them make plays in space.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

ESPN is looking for some tailgate lots to feature on its broadcast. Let your people know.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AnishESPN...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    Also, associating what our fans say and what our players think is fucking stupid logic that damn near everyone says. Figure out something else.
    I'd bet your players think it even more, particularly given the outcome last year.

It's pretty funny. That show is filmed south of Missoula, nowhere near Yellowstone.

soo Bad enough that Drekker Brewing is allowing Boobcat friday night party...but our own Teammakers is letting them use the Bison Corral?
    cross Drekker off your lists people BOOOO
    isnt Drekker all off by itself west of downtown by the tracks? dumb place

Bobcat Friday Night
    Friday, December 20 | 5:00 p.m. CT
    Drekker Brewing Co., Brewhalla location
    1666 1st Avenue North in Fargo, ND
    No RSVP required.

MSU Alumni Foundation Tailgate: MSU @ NDSU
    Saturday, December 21 | 10:00 a.m. CT
    Bison Corral
    Off of 17th Avenue North, between Lots E and G in Fargo, ND
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?