Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Default Re: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Relax, we won. Not pretty. We ran a very vanilla offense and haven't shown squat this year on tape. It is crunch time now and hopefully a few more plays are pulled out. Hopefully!!!

Let's be honest. Illinois State has a great defense but the run game was bad. All between the tackles and just plain bad. Montana State and JMU will score a lot more than 3 points and our offense has to get back to form and start getting hard to defend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizon28 View Post
    Relax, we won. Not pretty. We ran a very vanilla offense and haven't shown squat this year on tape. It is crunch time now and hopefully a few more plays are pulled out. Hopefully!!!
    Pretty clear in the way they called that game that they do not trust trey lance and the offense at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    The whole thing was ugly and an embarrassment. If by some miracle we win next week JMU is going to roll over us.
    Embarrassed to win?
    Get out of your own way

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Pretty clear in the way they called that game that they do not trust trey lance and the offense at this point.
    I agree, he sucks. Pack it in boys, seasons over!!! Good grief. We just played a great defense, Spack had a good game plan, We won and that is all that matters right now. I am just trying to be optimistic.

Well maybe not. Just a knee jerk reaction.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    I don’t think this is true at all. On the long pass play to Watson, it looked like Trey made the change at the line of scrimmage when he saw single coverage.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Think maybe we just wanted to make Oregon think we have no chance next year with that performance

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    There were 3 blatant, uncalled DPIs in the first half. I'd have rather had them called than the refs miss another call on the lateral (although I'm not so sure they'd have gotten that on review.)
    Every play in NCAA is reviewed. Just because they don't stop it doesn't mean it wasn't reviewed. Something like that they would definitely stop if there was any doubt on their first look especially since there was an immediate recovery. That's a close play that could have gone either way on the field but the one replay I saw it was likely correct. Would need to be obviously incorrect to stop and review. They had the benefit of a big line for reference.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I don’t think this is true at all. On the long pass play to Watson, it looked like Trey made the change at the line of scrimmage when he saw single coverage.
    Seemed like he was changing some plays in the first half but the second half didn’t at all. Makes sense considering what the play calls were.