Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Default Re: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    O-line has to be better. The mad Stacher did the same thing on that last drive of the 14 natty when Wentz and Legendowski took them down the field.... blitz after blitz after blitz. The O-line and backs just weren't picking it up very well last Saturday.
    Not only were Ill St. d-lineman big and strong, they were quick...were a lot of whiffs. Because of this it appears the o-line gaps shortened as the game wore on, allowing more direct angles from the blitz and backside cheaters.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I’ll give TR the benefit of the doubt, although not without reservation, re: last two games. The major hesitation comes from ISUr game. I was a bit baffled by the play calling, lack (inability ??) to adjust.

I’ll return to this post after the Cats game. We’ll see .... something feels amiss, but hoping I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Points shaving, clearly.

Any win is a great win. With that, The Bison RAMS got man handled big time. And yes, earlier posts have been a bit attacking on the coaching, however, this appeared to be a clear case of a game plan was set and the OC doesnt have the ability to think/change on the fly. Running between the tackles against a D-Line that was clearly better than our Oline time after time was ridiculous. The Bison are stacked with offensive skill players and this game plan did NOTHING to get these guys in space. Just because the Bison pound on inferior competition all season doesnt mean they dont have to POSSSILBY try and OUT COACH a team once in a while. VERY lucky to win this last game. Ill States QB was hideous otherwise that team wins by 3 TD's.

You folks at the game probably didn’t see this but at one point in the game ESPN had a shot of TR up in the booth. The shot was wide enough to notice that if Tyler stuck his right arm straight out to the side it would have run right into the left shoulder of Randy Hedberg. Mr Hedberg was also wearing a headset I noticed.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    You folks at the game probably didn’t see this but at one point in the game ESPN had a shot of TR up in the booth. The shot was wide enough to notice that if Tyler stuck his right arm straight out to the side it would have run right into the left shoulder of Randy Hedberg. Mr Hedberg was also wearing a headset I noticed.
    I don't doubt this is the way it has been all season. They have mentioned how closely Hedberg works with TR
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I don't doubt this is the way it has been all season. They have mentioned how closely Hedberg works with TR
    Yes there is no question this is the case and has been so all season. It seems that some here either don’t know that or have forgotten it.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Yes there is no question this is the case and has been so all season. It seems that some here either don’t know that or have forgotten it.
    They were pretty clear that they would be working closely from the beginning
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Coaches wear headsets?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    We ran a couple of sweeps with (if memory serves) Johnson and Watson that went for large chunks of yards. We never went back to it. Worse yet, we didn't even fake that we were going to. One of the LB's from ISU came off the same edge unblocked a handful of times and blew up a run in the backfield. We did nothing to account for or exploit that either.

I just have no idea how they sat in the booth and thought they didn't need to adjust. In fact, were there any second half adjustments at all?

Doesn't bode well for next week. Let alone Frisco if we end up there.
    This Bison team can thank its luck stars that it is "Head's above all others in TALENT". That lack of coaching adjustments was terrible. Again, Next year will be a tell all for Entz as he has had some odd moments throughout the year. NOW is when we will see who has coaching issues and who does not. IF we see JMU I don't think it goes well from what I seen last saturday against a horrible offense and a very good defense. A great reason to watch!!!

JMU is going to have more trouble with Weber than NDSU will with MSU.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯