Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Default Re: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Bison offense failed to delivery it's usual potential, but Bisonville delivering it hot and fresh.

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Am glad they won, but it is pretty concerning that our offensive coaches seem to be unable to make any adjustments to jump start the offense. The way the Redbirds were playing defense, any bootleg or reverse or counter would have easily gone for a big play. They were completely selling out on the backside in the run game and the coaches didn't take advantage of it once. I just don't understand the complete lack of adjustments the last two games.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I just finished watching the game for the first time today, had to work all day...not happy. Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here, I didn't read through the thread, but TR called the worst game of his short OC career. It seems as if his play calling is regressing. What happened to the tight ends? They have monsters for TE's but he doesn't use them? Maybe he was jabbed too many times for favoritism with his TE's at the beginning of the season and now he's taking it to heart. AND where is the damn wheel route?

1st half was okay should been at least 13-0 maybe 14-0 of entz goes for 2 pts. But missed mugging. ISUr did exactly what they've done the last two weeks with success. We held Robinson to I think it was just under 100 yards. Jefferson had around 60 last time I checked the big boards.

Defense played lights out especially in the 4th qtr. We missed some tackles but how much of that is just Robinson's ability.

The offense not really sure what to think there. Were we just trying to chew up clock in an elaborate scheme and by product of that was a lot of short runs?

The PI that kept our drive alive I thought was a bad call. But whatever. Just wish that they would ran less up the gut running plays...

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

interested 2 read CAS comments re: jabrillo-------thx

Look at the level of creativity the Ravens are showing this season. NDSU had some similar 2-3 back plays. Instead let's run 20 times up the A gap. Yes, I know 35 in a row, but inexcusable to come into a game, get stopped and have zero adjustment. TR taking lessons from Coach P? Kids playing madden know how to take down 3-4 defense, you would expect the coaches to try something else.

https://twitter.com/ryancworkman/sta...65933124235265

List of Division 1 schools with 35 straight wins in the last 100 years:
    North Dakota State
    Oklahoma
    Toledo

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    1660 is a bit like listening to North Korean media.
    Yupppp

It's getting old imo..
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Was the very conservative game plan due to the fact that ISU's secondary was VERY good. They said the best in their school's history and then couple it with leading the nation (I think) in sacks? Even with that, we still took our shots (that normally we hit quite often) but only hit one of them today.

If Trey throws it to the end zone instead of under throwing Watson, easy TD. If Watson isn't barely tripped by a great play by their LB on the bubble screen, I believe he scores. Then we see a completely different game.

I didn't like how well ISU's D-line controlled the line of scrimmage but they had guys making plays too. This was more like the game I expected back in October. It was also good to finally see a team get punched in the mouth after Ty's initial run and actually punch back.

It would be interesting to see s break down of area of the field and how many times they were targeted. It seemed as though we crossed or used the middle of the field infrequently and 7 to15 yard area was not targeted. We were facing man to man a lot on the outside but didnt exploit the cover man having to protect deep with no help over the top. We hit a come back a time or two but it was there all day.