Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Glad to see the run defense step it up. Definitely concerned by the playoff offense. We aren’t doing what got us here. It’s like the offense is playing conservative and scared. I agree with whoever it was that said we usually get better come playoffs and this team has regressed. Illinois state and Nicolls aren’t that good. JMU will blow this Bison team out the way we are playing.

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Remember the Brock Jensen long TD run against GSU? Well, GSU was doing the same thing as ILSr, and we faked handoff, Brock reversed-pivoted, and BINGO.

That’s how you slow down the crashing weak-side DE and or safety, if not exploit it like Brock did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CAS do you think our lack of run game was a product of our oline just not having any fire/physicality or a product of more guys in the box than they could block?

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Glad to see the run defense step it up. Definitely concerned by the playoff offense. We aren’t doing what got us here. It’s like the offense is playing conservative and scared. I agree with whoever it was that said we usually get better come playoffs and this team has regressed. Illinois state and Nicolls aren’t that good. JMU will blow this Bison team out the way we are playing.
    It’s scary when the ones who are conservative/scared are the coaching staff. Trey didn’t play as bad as last week but they gave him far fewer opportunities to be successful. Hard to convert 3 and 7 at a high percentage. Another thing I noticed was how often we’d get behind the sticks on 1st down and then pass the ball a yd or two down the field. Never anything in between a bomb or a pass at the los.

Wonder what Hedberg thinks of TR.

Quote Originally Posted by MontBison View Post
    CAS do you think our lack of run game was a product of our oline just not having any fire/physicality or a product of more guys in the box than they could block?
    Both, but also not calling plays to let their athleticism do some damage.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Remember the Brock Jensen long TD run against GSU? Well, GSU was doing the same thing as ILSr, and we faked handoff, Brock reversed-pivoted, and BINGO.

That’s how you slow down the crashing weak-side DE and or safety, if not exploit it like Brock did.

I was screaming for that play. It was there to when we didnt have a wr to that side. I think Trey might have still been running.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I was screaming for that play. It was there to when we didnt have a wr to that side. I think Trey might have still been running.
    Does TR just not understand that? It’s not like we would even hit a big rushing play. Aside from Trey and Tys first run was our next best run even 8 yds? I’m fine pounding the rock if we can get 10-15 yds on one in 10 plays but we couldn’t even do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    I think the players were as bored about this game as the fans were. Just another conference game doesn't feel like playoffs at at. My guess is they will step it up next week and have a big lift in energy and execution. Not surprised at all with this game being close.
    ISU was tough on D snd took away our run game. I expect Lance to run more next week. MSU is more balanced, but not worried defensively for us. Offense needs to figure some things out.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    ISU was tough on D snd took away our run game. I expect Lance to run more next week. MSU is more balanced, but not worried defensively for us. Offense needs to figure some things out.
    Absolutely not! If we revert to SDSU type playcalling we will lose. This was a studly defensive act from ISUr, the bobkitties will not be able to replicate it.

Win and move on.

Need better play calling and execution from the offense.

Stop beating our head against a wall trying to run it inside if it's not working. We have other ways to attack teams. Tyler got way too conservative or stubborn today.

You could see the adjustment on Defense this week... Last week we penetrated and basic opened up seems in the line. We seemed more gap disciplined this week
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.