Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Default Re: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by MontBison View Post
    Seemed like he was changing some plays in the first half but the second half didn’t at all. Makes sense considering what the play calls were.
    Right, I noticed this, too.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I dont think some of you actually watched the game. We didnt run it up the middle every run play. Do you realize there ar are different run plays to different gaps? There were also plenty of times we ran it off tackle or around the outside. Illinois state has a good defense, why is that hard to admit. We aren’t going always blow out teams, especially this deep in the playoffs. The games yesterday were close as well. Why? Because the teams left are all really good. The defense played great. They kept Robinson in check, under 100 yards, and gave up 3 points. Pretty damn good. Were there things we could have done better, yes, there always is. Take a deep breath, we wre in the semifinals, one win from Frisco. Lets improve and go out next week and dominate.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    I dont think some of you actually watched the game. We didnt run it up the middle every run play. Do you realize there ar are different run plays to different gaps? There were also plenty of times we ran it off tackle or around the outside. Illinois state has a good defense, why is that hard to admit. We aren’t going always blow out teams, especially this deep in the playoffs. The games yesterday were close as well. Why? Because the teams left are all really good. The defense played great. They kept Robinson in check, under 100 yards, and gave up 3 points. Pretty damn good. Were there things we could have done better, yes, there always is. Take a deep breath, we wre in the semifinals, one win from Frisco. Lets improve and go out next week and dominate.
    That may be the case, but the defensive blueprint for every opponent is mostly the same. I am puzzled why we couldn’t use their crashing DEs against them with some short dump off type pass plays. Obviously the rush up the middle, regardless of gap or scheme, wasn’t working.

43 rushes for 128 yards is unimpressive. And that’s with the 35 yard rip. I can’t believe we didn’t include more play action type stuff.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

And 0 use of the TE. No RB screen game yet again even tho ISU was begging for it.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Stary2k11 View Post
    That may be the case, but the defensive blueprint for every opponent is mostly the same. I am puzzled why we couldn’t use their crashing DEs against them with some short dump off type pass plays. Obviously the rush up the middle, regardless of gap or scheme, wasn’t working.

43 rushes for 128 yards is unimpressive. And that’s with the 35 yard rip. I can’t believe we didn’t include more play action type stuff.
    Entz sounded noticeably frustrated when answering questions about offense in his post-game presser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Stary2k11 View Post

Remember the Brock Jensen long TD run against GSU? Well, GSU was doing the same thing as ILSr, and we faked handoff, Brock reversed-pivoted, and BINGO.

That’s how you slow down the crashing weak-side DE and or safety, if not exploit it like Brock did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Swaghook is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

All I can say is I hope beastmode comes out of hibernation for next weekend it has been sorely missed so far this play off run.

Lack of play action has me most frustrated over anything else. EVERYONE would have been open off play action today.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

It's quite obvious when Tyler Roehl has a gameplan that doesnt include Kobe, our offense sucks.

But give some credit to Illinois State and out defense was awesome

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Lack of play action has me most frustrated over anything else. EVERYONE would have been open off play action today.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Another thing to credit ISUr on, their secondary played very well, also... this has as much to do with the play-calling and lack of offensive success than anything...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery