Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Default Re: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Didn't mean it that way.Apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    No, just thought I’d share some trivia I thought was interesting/fun. Sorry you can’t see it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think you might've missed the fact that he answered correctly in post #242 CAS.

Well I finally worked up the ambition to rewatch that game. I was not looking forward to it.

Having seen it now a second time I am going to have to break what I assume is an unwritten rule of Bisonville and admit that my assertion that some of the offense was afflicted with the flu does not seem to be correct. Yes, I believe I was wrong.

Tony, I await my punishment for this admission.

In my defense, on Saturday my neighbor needed my assistance after the game and I needed to operate power machinery. Therefore I was stone cold sober while watching the game. Today I was able to correct that situation and I had consumed multiple ounces of single malt prior to kickoff. This allowed me to observe with a more mellow and for me a much more normal perspective.

I’m still unwilling to question the strategies and game plans of the coaching staff because, well, that is WAY above my pay grade.

I am going to forego the flat screen this coming weekend and shag my sorry ass to Fargo to see the game in person - mostly because I am a big fan of Alabama. Just gotta find me a ticket yet.

If I am not banned due to my contrition I will yet hope to post again on this forum if in fact I feel I have anything meaningful to contribute.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think you might've missed the fact that he answered correctly in post #242 CAS.
    You’re correct—missed that. Thanks.

Nice job there Cracker. Please accept my apologies. Solid stuff their.

Our team was paying attention to the Cats that year and we were really hoping for a game against them when Solomonson went there to coach.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Well I finally worked up the ambition to rewatch that game. I was not looking forward to it.

Having seen it now a second time I am going to have to break what I assume is an unwritten rule of Bisonville and admit that my assertion that some of the offense was afflicted with the flu does not seem to be correct. Yes, I believe I was wrong.

Tony, I await my punishment for this admission.

In my defense, on Saturday my neighbor needed my assistance after the game and I needed to operate power machinery. Therefore I was stone cold sober while watching the game. Today I was able to correct that situation and I had consumed multiple ounces of single malt prior to kickoff. This allowed me to observe with a more mellow and for me a much more normal perspective.

I’m still unwilling to question the strategies and game plans of the coaching staff because, well, that is WAY above my pay grade.

I am going to forego the flat screen this coming weekend and shag my sorry ass to Fargo to see the game in person - mostly because I am a big fan of Alabama. Just gotta find me a ticket yet.

If I am not banned due to my contrition I will yet hope to post again on this forum if in fact I feel I have anything meaningful to contribute.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I rewatched the game today too (both times sober as always) and his time the second half didn’t seem to piss me off as much with the second half play calling. I was fine with the first half since all four (I’m not counting the last six possession after the INT) possessions involved the ball being moved with pretty at will and three scores with the elaborate play calling. No TDs made it seem worse.

I don’t completely understand the second half play calling, but it seemed as if the coaches were set at being conservative due to Illinois State being totally ineffective on offense and taking the game out of the players hands (yes, they still need to be accountable for the play execution, but when the other team knows what is coming, it’s not easy). Robinson was a stud as always, but outside two plays (a run and a catch), he was fairly shut down in the second half.

With that said, I have a feeling a frustrated Bison is about to explode on Saturday.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I rewatched the game today too (both times sober as always) and his time the second half didn’t seem to piss me off as much with the second half play calling. I was fine with the first half since all four (I’m not counting the last six possession after the INT) possessions involved the ball being moved with pretty at will and three scores with the elaborate play calling. No TDs made it seem worse.

I don’t completely understand the second half play calling, but it seemed as if the coaches were set at being conservative due to Illinois State being totally ineffective on offense and taking the game out of the players hands (yes, they still need to be accountable for the play execution, but when the other team knows what is coming, it’s not easy). Robinson was a stud as always, but outside two plays (a run and a catch), he was fairly shut down in the second half.

With that said, I have a feeling a frustrated Bison is about to explode on Saturday.

Agreed, rewatching it made me realize the first half wasn't bad at all offensively. It was a low possession game and they didn't execute in the redzone (blatant missed PI in the endzone didn't help either) but they put up 206 total yards, were efficient throwing the ball, and only punted the once (after moving the ball to the ISUr 33 yard line). They hit their normal redzone efficiency and they put up 17 points but Illinois St had the #1 redzone defense in the FCS for a reason.

The 2nd half was a shitshow for the offense and it was compounded by bad play calling and poor blocking at the LOS.