Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Ah yes certainty, that thing most (searching for appropriate generalization...., still searching..., f it) people crave. Even the brilliant minds on Wall Street can’t get enough of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Brilliant minds on Wall Street? There is no such thing. Does this Bison offense awaken Saturday? I think so, wouldn't mind seeing Trey pop his INT cherry on a dominating drive inside the cat 20 early in the 2nd quarter with us already up by 14.

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

90% blitzes... should be a short passing game dream. Screens, flats, dump offs, slants, and even over the top were available all game. Even something like reverse, end around, jet sweep misdirection, throwback... just keep defense respecting the field.

We did not even try to take advantage of the obvious (outside of say 5 plays) is what justifiably seems to be the frustration for most fans. For example, your inside the 35 three times don’t try any of these options for the most part and punt.
    Last edited by 99Bison; 12-15-2019 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Fact is our running backs were getting caught from behind which didnt allow them the delay they needed to let the play develop and make a good read. This isnt the only time that has happened this year.
    True. However, that was the result of their defense reestablishing the LOS a couple yards deep in our backfield. For our RB to have patience, it has to be at, or across the original LOS.

The play design does not account for the D End away from the play or a corner coming from that side.

It’s been said here and I have no doubt you might have even said it that one way to stop them from crashing is to keep them honest with misdirection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Lol...this thread makes me think ISU won
    Bisonville is so much fun after a loss. Wait?? You're telling me we won

Default ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

I’ll give TR the benefit of the doubt, although not without reservation, re: last two games. The major hesitation comes from ISUr game. I was a bit baffled by the play calling, lack (inability ??) to adjust.

I’ll return to this post after the Cats game. We’ll see .... something feels amiss, but hoping I’m wrong.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Illinois State obviously watched film of what Big XII defenses did to slow down Kansas States running game. Crash the middle with backside blitzes. A gap power basically became ineffective. Cats went to zone blocking on runs and a mid-range passing game. Our o-line is still rock solid, just need to change the scheme a little. It took Mess 2 1/2 games to figure it out. Bison should be ready to break out.

If God didn’t want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I’ll give TR the benefit of the doubt, although not without reservation, re: last two games. The major hesitation comes from ISUr game. I was a bit baffled by the play calling, lack (inability ??) to adjust.

I’ll return to this post after the Cats game. We’ll see .... something feels amiss, but hoping I’m wrong.

For him to keep running between the tackles all game was reminisce of Polleck and JMU. It was like he couldnt get his head out of the play card and adjust.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Not sure why there is so much complaining here. NDSU fought hard all game and put forth tons of effort. This is a young team. Things dont happen overnight, and ISU is a really good team that was playing with everthing they had. NDSU played with very few mistakes and it won them the game. Give them some credit. They deserve a lot!
    With that said, I hope to see the short cross route passes open up in future games. I think if the short pass game gets developed better the run game will open up more. With a defense like ISU I think some run fakes and short passes could have shredded that full commit defense. I dont think I've seen a much better defensive performance out of an fcs team then what our guys provided. 35 game win streak, 14-0 season, and so many complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Did you stop and consider that there is genuine concern for what is going on?
    Agreed 100% Vet!

And those with some of the biggest concerns aren't your typical armchair QB's. Guys like CAS and PL played for NDSU. You'll have to forgive me for sticking up for them. There's Bison Pride as a fan, but I'd have to imagine there's a whole nother level of pride having been a part of this program. And with that comes high expectations, critical thinking, over analyzing (but typically not overreacting), scrutiny and the greatest joys when everything goes right and the deepest concern when things aren't going well.

It's been a looooong time since we put 2 shit weeks in a row together. We, as fans, just aren't used to this. No-one loves this team any less. In fact it is because we love the team that we even care. I don't really care if some random kid fucks up, but you bet your ass I care if mine does. And he won't hear the end of it until he straightens out. Same as with our team.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Trey's been off a little in the pass game lately, nothing he can't overcome. We won by three scores against Nichols. Give us those two obvious DPIs on Saturday and the ISU game is very, very different. We'll be fine Saturday, fire up the that Alabama song.