Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    1660 is a bit like listening to North Korean media.
    Sunshine pumpers.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Sunshine pumpers.
    Phil Hanson gave the offense a "B".

Pyongyang Phyllis.

When NDSU beat JMU in the National Championship game a couple years ago, NDSU did not score any points in the second half. Same thing in this game. In both games, the NDSU defense won the games by holding off the other team while the offense was largely inept for 30 minutes (two quarters). How are these games the same, in terms of play calling?

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    When NDSU beat JMU in the National Championship game a couple years ago, NDSU did not score any points in the second half. Same thing in this game. In both games, the NDSU defense won the games by holding off the other team while the offense was largely inept for 30 minutes (two quarters). How are these games the same, in terms of play calling?
    Not sure on play calling comparison but the result was the same. A Win!!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Coach R looked too much like Polesek but the passes to the wideouts for 1 yard again, really sucked.

Lots of good reviews of the Gameday experience by Redbird fans on their forum. Good job Bison Nation!

Adjustments ... I always thought Pete Carroll at USC was terrific at making half-time adjustments, even though I rooted for Texas in their epic game for the BCS Championship. (one of the best college games ever, I thought).

What can one learn from the Pete Caroll's of the world who are good at making half-time adjustments? Here are some things I would push for if I was in the locker room (but then what do I know?). If the running game isn't working, then the passing game has to get working. Running games are more strength-against-strength. Passing is more finesse-against-finesse. The finesse part is receivers figuring out how to get open and the QB getting the ball there in that 1/2 second window. They QB and receiver do not need more than this if they are 'on'. On quick out routes (or in routes, or routes through a seem) the receiver only needs a step or two for an instant and if the quarterback leads the receiver, gets the ball there at the right time, and keeps the ball from getting too high, it is not defensible. Do this a few times and the defense will soften up.

NDSU it seems was counting on the running game to tire out the Redbird's defense and then capitalize on this fatigue in the 4th quarter. This did not work yesterday. So what else do they do. The quick screen passes, with a lead blocker, the quick 5-8 yard out routes where the reciever runs in a way that keeps the defensive player behind him, the quick in route (but the risk of the def line batting down the ball, or tipping it). I have seen a lot of posts here saying 'where were the TEs?' Agreed, but a strategy to counter the defense is a lot more than just this, IMO.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Jimmy football's td saving tackle ended up winning the game!

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Sunshine pumpers.
    Yep and the one guy on there had been pumping up montana all year, he should just go back there, I get so sick of it I don’t listen to that crap station.

Great article in the paper today, pretty much sums things up, will be interesting to hear the backlash on that.

Quote Originally Posted by bajadanny View Post
    Yep and the one guy on there had been pumping up montana all year, he should just go back there, I get so sick of it I don’t listen to that crap station.

Great article in the paper today, pretty much sums things up, will be interesting to hear the backlash on that.
    Anyone have a link to this?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery