Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Default Re: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    You keep saying "boomers" but I suspect a fairly low percentage of those flaming away on message boards are boomers. In my experience, it's the younger generations that are online more. In any event, does someone's generation automatically make them right or wrong? I guess you're ok with the negative comments from millenials then?

Full disclosure, I'm Gen X. I'm feeling a little bit left out, the terms millenials and boomers are often used in a pejorative way, no one says crap about us Gen Xers anymore!
    I don’t think most boomers could qualify to be “expert strategists” at football since boomers really don’t play video games. Hence I expect your thesis is correct that few if any of the flamers were in fact boomers. You damn X’er.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I am guessing a relative of one of the players. You know "What's My Line" and if you get that reference it will date you.
    Good guess. I’m going with “girlfriend”.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I don’t think most boomers could qualify to be “expert strategists” at football since boomers really don’t play video games. Hence I expect your thesis is correct that few if any of the flamers were in fact boomers. You damn X’er.

Thanks, now I feel included
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Indeed they do. Remarkable how the social media nonsense has trained people to ingest a stream of data and then filter for only that content which either
    A) hues to their specific viewpoint of
    B) releases their trigger

OK. Maybe social media is not completely to blame. I like that attribution though, I really do.

Regardless - while that game was not really that entertaining (to me) and I’m not sure I want to rewatch it, Bisonville does not disappoint. Keep it up everybody!!!

I have always thought that social media is the bane of human existence.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I have always thought that social media is the bane of human existence.
    It rewards lazy uncritical thinking and provides the ignorant with a sense of popular certainty.

I think what was really missing yesterday was the short passing game. It seemed like it was power run or throw deep.

I remember one attempt at a naked bootleg and Trey got buried.

For the armchair coaches, the offside ends aren’t blocked because they should not be able to catch the runner from behind.

Two weeks in a row we’ve faced defenses capable of limiting our run game. That means controlling the line AND getting pressure on passing plays. Most opponents don’t have that. The Nicholls score was much higher because we wore them down. We didn’t wear the Redbirds out.

I expect a much more wide open semi-final.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We played not to lose in the second half, that usually fails, #Butwe'rethemightyBison. Bring on some pussy!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I think what was really missing yesterday was the short passing game. It seemed like it was power run or throw deep.

I remember one attempt at a naked bootleg and Trey got buried.

For the armchair coaches, the offside ends aren’t blocked because they should not be able to catch the runner from behind.

Two weeks in a row we’ve faced defenses capable of limiting our run game. That means controlling the line AND getting pressure on passing plays. Most opponents don’t have that. The Nicholls score was much higher because we wore them down. We didn’t wear the Redbirds out.

I expect a much more wide open semi-final.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fact is our running backs were getting caught from behind which didnt allow them the delay they needed to let the play develop and make a good read. This isnt the only time that has happened this year.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    It rewards lazy uncritical thinking and provides the ignorant with a sense of popular certainty.
    Ah yes certainty, that thing most (searching for appropriate generalization...., still searching..., f it) people crave. Even the brilliant minds on Wall Street can’t get enough of it.

Lol...this thread makes me think ISU won
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant