Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Would have expected NDSU to go for the jugular. One touchdown in the second half and the game is basically over.
    You mean like a TD pass that was taken away by a missed PI call?

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofFargo View Post
    I won’t disagree with that, but that GDT yesterday had boomers fucking wanting our team to lose because they were disagreeing with their own personal coaching “assessments” and game plans that they drew up on their own BWW napkins... across the street from the dome where there are empty seats waiting to be bought............................................ ...............
    No one on here wanted the team to lose.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    You mean like a TD pass that was taken away by a missed PI call?
    Christ everyone is acting like if they called PI we would in turn have gotten the 7 points. Did you forget to remember we had 0 timeouts at that point and so dumbass TR would have called a power run play. It would have been stopped and we would have trotted out the FG team. Same result with less time remaining.

I won’t disagree with that, but that GDT yesterday had boomers fucking wanting our team to lose because they were disagreeing with their own personal coaching “assessments” and game plans that they drew up on their own BWW napkins... across the street from the dome where there are empty seats waiting to be bought............................................ ...............
    That’s pretty much every GDT. It’s an infestation of negative thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

You keep saying "boomers" but I suspect a fairly low percentage of those flaming away on message boards are boomers. In my experience, it's the younger generations that are online more. In any event, does someone's generation automatically make them right or wrong? I guess you're ok with the negative comments from millenials then?

Full disclosure, I'm Gen X. I'm feeling a little bit left out, the terms millenials and boomers are often used in a pejorative way, no one says crap about us Gen Xers anymore!
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

My take on the game....we missed some chances in the first half that could have given a little breathing room and forced ISU to throw. If we convert, it would have gotten ugly very quickly because they would have had to try to pass.

In the second, I was expecting us to eventually make a few of those plays and blow it open. It never happened.

At some point later in the 3rd quarter, I think the staff just decided, "I don't think they can score 9 points so let's just play it safe and play field position". If this is the case, I think it was a questionable decision because it leaves you open to losing the game on one fluke play, which is always a possibility. If they would have had a 14 point+ lead, then I would understand it more.

If that wasn't the case, then I question the play calling in the 2nd half. If they're bringing pressure from all over to stpo the run, it would seem like there would be an opening in the quick passing game but I won't pretend to know the detailed Xs and Os.

In any event, it's over. It's a win. I suspect they'll regroup and play much better against MSU.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Are you on the NDSU coaching staff? Because unless you are then your “30” years doesn’t mean shit to me or THEM.
    Why do coaches go to clinics then?
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Why do coaches go to clinics then?
    Because they don't feel well??
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Because they don't feel well??
    Ba Doom cheeeeee!

Roehl deserves plenty of criticism for the offensive ineptitude yesterday but I will say that he's had a tremendous first year calling plays and yesterday doesn't change that. They replaced 8 starters on that side of the ball and up until yesterday's game they had actually been more efficient than the 2018 offense (which was the most efficient offense in the D1 era). There was bound to be a game like this with a rookie OC. Let's hope he learns from it and is better for it moving forward. I doubt anyone here is harder on him than Tyler is on himself so I have a feeling he'll have his group back up the ridiculously high standards they set for themselves throughout the year when they get out there next Saturday.