Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Default Re: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post
    I have seen high school teams call better games offensively than this. 1st down run up the middle, 2nd down run up the middle, 3rd down lance drop back.. run up the middle.
    We have tight ends, they can catch the ball.
    I have not seen a running back screen play.. in I dont know how long.
    We got lucky the lateral was not called and the final PI. Though I feel the final PI made up for the missed call in in the end zone.
    There were 3 blatant, uncalled DPIs in the first half. I'd have rather had them called than the refs miss another call on the lateral (although I'm not so sure they'd have gotten that on review.)

those 1st down runs stalled every drive.

everyones gonna point to the botched lateral TD. will the same point to the end zone PI and the PI from the underthrown ball to watson on the first drive. missed calls both ways

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

On the next to last pass (Tutsie breakup) the ball was actually tipped at the line causing it to fludder and go off course to the left.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post

everyones gonna point to the botched lateral TD. will the same point to the end zone PI and the PI from the underthrown ball to watson on the first drive. missed calls both ways
    No doubt but the defense won this game

We ran a couple of sweeps with (if memory serves) Johnson and Watson that went for large chunks of yards. We never went back to it. Worse yet, we didn't even fake that we were going to. One of the LB's from ISU came off the same edge unblocked a handful of times and blew up a run in the backfield. We did nothing to account for or exploit that either.

I just have no idea how they sat in the booth and thought they didn't need to adjust. In fact, were there any second half adjustments at all?

Doesn't bode well for next week. Let alone Frisco if we end up there.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post

I would rather see officials not call pass interference on underthrown balls. Nothing worse than seeing QB's get bailed out because the receiver literally has to stop running lmao.

End of the day, NDSU defense gave up 3 points. Had the botched backwards pass happened late in the game there would be more of a reason for ISU to be salty. Happened early enough in the game for them to recover. Limited sympathy for teams who score 3 points on offense lmao. Had NDSU lost 10-9 or something, I'd similarly have more sympathy for missed calls. Hard to complain when you score so few points.
    College of Business Alumnus

We were outgained on the ground 160-128. This should never happen. So much for "Bison football."

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think the players were as bored about this game as the fans were. Just another conference game doesn't feel like playoffs at at. My guess is they will step it up next week and have a big lift in energy and execution. Not surprised at all with this game being close.

Bison4peat is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The opposing QB completed 3 passes and we won by 6 points. Still trying to wrap my head around that.

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    We were outgained on the ground 160-128. This should never happen. So much for "Bison football."
    When the other team runs 95% of the time that statistic doesn't mean much as it would in a normal game.

What concerns me is the inability of our coaches to adjust to what's working. We're running between the tackles and accepting -2 to +2 yards a play. Without Lance pulling off those long desperation scrambles the statistic is even worse. Then remove the 35 yards from the first Brooks play and it's worse yet.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes